DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Godfather/Supporter
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. all those of you who already have an IPhone 3G please share your knowledge on cases. We are going to buy two on friday and I need cases. One for me and one for my wife.
I am undecided if i want to wear it on my belt again. I have had my phone in my pocket for ages now, including my current phone the Blackjack..
Ofcourse I would think that being able to dock while in the case is important...no one wants to take it out of the case several times a day, do they?

thanks!

John

· Registered
5,915 Posts
Best case ever, honestly, is www.VajaCases.com

Expensive, but the quality and fit is just amazing. I have a lot of cases from them and they have always been amazing. I have also used cases from pretty much every company and they are continually the best. www.PielFrama.com www.SenaCases.com are two others to look at for leather style cases. They have very good quality as well.

These cases have no equal in what you can find in retail stores/your standard belkin or griffin cases, etc.

I have done a lot of case reviews, none for the iPhone 3G, but I have done many for the iPod Touch and many of the companies have equivalent cases for the iPhone 3G. www.TechIslands.com

· Founder
17,247 Posts
I use this for my case. Has belt clip. Very sturdy. Snap is magnetic for easy access.

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-Ho...sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1222658505&sr=8-1

Along with the case, I have a rubber silicon cover on the phone like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Rubber..._1_5?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1222658595&sr=8-5

Phone fits in case with rubber silicon cover.

The combination of the two protects the phone nicely. The case keeps it on my hip, while the silicon skin keeps it from slipping out of my hand.

· Godfather/Supporter
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chris,

Thanks, a bit more in the 'normal' price range, nice as the others were.

Are you able to dock the phone with that silicon cover on?

John

· Godfather/Supporter
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Registered
2,946 Posts
Hands down my favorite case:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS605LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MTc1OTA2NQ

I got mine at Best Buy for 30 bux:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8913759&st=iphone+case&type=product&id=1213400215507

I think this is up your alley. No belt clip (I don't like the extra bulk).

-VERY form fitting with nothing to open or "flip".
-Offers decent enough protection.
-Looks fantastic on the iPhone
-Priced well for the construction

I will keep this case for the long term. I have dropped my phone twice with this one, and it does not even show a "mar" on the edges.

I don't use a doc myself, but I see that the construction allows the bottom "half" to slide easy enough off to fit in a doc. See the first link; right hand picture.

· Icon
669 Posts
I spent a lot of time at the Apple Store and a few other places checking out various cases before I settled on the same one that Barry Mentioned. I got the Black "incase" for my 3G. I think that it is by far the best case I looked at.

I will say that the case is very "Grippy" for lack of a better word. This means that the iphone is very easy to handle and won't slip out of your hand. The downside is that it can be a little difficult to get in and out of your pocket or case.

I bought a few different cases and returned them all. I tried carrying the phone in my pocked but just didn't like it so I ended up using the case I had for my Verizon Voyager. It has been by far the best belt case and it has a lifetime warranty. I went through a few of them with my voyager (I am very rough on cases). It also has a magnetic clasp which none of the others have.

You can find it at your local Verizon Store but also online here. Hopefully that link will work, it is called their PDA Universal Side Pouch. I guess the new ones actually have the Verizon Logo on it which might be an issue for some. I could care less.

I also bought the screen protector for the phone and put it on the day I got it and haven't had any issues with it whatsoever. I believe there are two in the package so if you go that route you will only need to buy one for the both of you.

Hope this helps.

· Godfather/Supporter
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
barryb and funhouse,

thanks that does look like it will work for us. I think i'll try to stay with the pocket storage to start with as I'm used to it. I get a 30% discount on the accessories so I'll probably pick it up at the AT&T store.
I was a little worried about the screen protector interfering with function of the screen. I put one on my Nintendo DS and it caused problems. I was even ready to have it replaced when the Nintendo rep asked if I had one on and that they can cause problems. I naturally didn't believe him but tried removing it and... problem solved. Have you had any issues related to the screen protector?

· Hall Of Fame
1,090 Posts
I actually recommend www.senacases.com

I have both an iPhone and an iPhone 3G.

They have an assortment of colors; but all are quality leather and well constructed. They are one of the only cases that allow you to charge your phone on a dock without removing it from the case at all.

It comes with a sturdy belt clip that has the ability to be totally removed if you so choose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.