DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a DISH 301 receiver and a ReplayTV 5080 with an IR blaster so the Replay Unit can change channels on the Dish Receiver. I've had barely a problem in 3 years.

Within the last month, the 301 is not tuning to the correct channel when I have set the Replay to record something between midnight and 6AM or so. The rest of the time, it is tuning to the correct channel. Three days this week when I've set the Replay to record the Daily Show on channel 107 at 5AM the 301 only picks up the 7 so channel 7 gets recorded. However, recording Colbert at 5:30, the channel change is flawless. It is always the first program being recorded in the early morning hours where the 301 fails.

I have cleaned both the IR blaster heads and the Dish receive points. I repositioned the blaster and taped it down with black tape and a small DIY cover to keep light out (pitch dark in the living room at 5AM this time of year anyway). I made sure the blaster is plugged into the replay tight.

Does anybody have any suggestions for anything else I can do?

Has the Dish 301 software been updated recently?

Is there any way of doing this besides IR?

Many thanks in advance and best to you all.
Mike

·
1 Posts
I had the same problem with the 301 receiver. I am new to the Hauppuage 150 so I don't know if it's a new issue or not. I think that is an issue of the amount of time between times when the hauppauge card tries to change channels (ie. if you change channels with it at midnight, and then don't try again until the next morning, the receiver is not expecting any input.) In my case, it would miss only the first digit when the channel was getting sent (I imagine that it's the same for you.) You said that you were sending 107, but it was only sending 7. It's probably actually sending 07. After 5 seconds of not receiving a third digit, the receiver will go to whatever channel it can.

I use GB-PVR, which uses an application called haupblast.exe to change channels. What I ended up doing was writing a wrapper program that calls the haupblast application. Basically what I do is send the channel once, wait for seven seconds, then send it a second time. The first time it sends the channel, it usually misses the first digit, but it never misses the second time.

I don't know if you can do something similar with BeyondTV. You may even be able to use my application that I wrote. Let me know what your configuration is and if I can help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.