DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Cool Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been on here for a couple months and am shocked how things have changed. For one thing, I remember talk of the HR20 coming out soon. I have spent hours reading past messages on here and reviews but have a few questions.

First, the HD TIVO won't output standard video on S-Video and RCA out at the same time as outputting HiDef and component and HDMI. Since I run the output of the S-Video to a 3rd TV that isn't hi-def I'm wondering if the HR20 outputs to both at the same time?

Next, I see that the remote for the HR20 is now RF instead of IR. Is there an option of using it IR also. Reason I ask is I have two Hi-DEF TV's. One is where the HR20 would be located, the other on the 2nd floor of the house. I use a IR extender option now and would like to use this. If not though how far away would the RF work? Maybe that will provide enough coverage.

Last, I use harmony remotes for two of my TV's and am very happy with them. Will these work with the HR20? I looked at the harmony web site but find no mention of it but hope I'm overlooking it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

· Registered
5,952 Posts
MarkW said:
I haven't been on here for a couple months and am shocked how things have changed. For one thing, I remember talk of the HR20 coming out soon. I have spent hours reading past messages on here and reviews but have a few questions.

First, the HD TIVO won't output standard video on S-Video and RCA out at the same time as outputting HiDef and component and HDMI. Since I run the output of the S-Video to a 3rd TV that isn't hi-def I'm wondering if the HR20 outputs to both at the same time?

Next, I see that the remote for the HR20 is now RF instead of IR. Is there an option of using it IR also. Reason I ask is I have two Hi-DEF TV's. One is where the HR20 would be located, the other on the 2nd floor of the house. I use a IR extender option now and would like to use this. If not though how far away would the RF work? Maybe that will provide enough coverage.

Last, I use harmony remotes for two of my TV's and am very happy with them. Will these work with the HR20? I looked at the harmony web site but find no mention of it but hope I'm overlooking it.

Thanks in advance for any help.
HR20 video/audio outs are ALL LIVE ALL THE TIME

The remote for the HR20 has both RF and IR

The Harmony remotes work beautifully. I use a 628 with no problems

List your device on the web site as HR20-700 and it comes up with the right codes.

· Cool Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Glad the remotes do IR and it'll be great to still use my Harmony remotes. The fact that all remotes aren't live all the time was a let down with the HD TIVO. Glad that's not the case anymore. I just found the manual online so am printing that out as well to do some reading.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.