DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AllStar
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently learned that I am able to control my R15 receiver with IR and RF (with two different remote controls) at the same time. Is it possible to do the same with the HR20-700 receiver? If so, what are the steps to program the remote controls? Thank you guys!

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
You can change it Menu>Parental,Favs and Setup>System Setup>Remote. But, you must have an RF remote, which is easily identifiable by its FCC ID sticker on the bottom or model number RC64R (or anything that ends in R).

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
DCFSCAZARES said:
I recently learned that I am able to control my R15 receiver with IR and RF (with two different remote controls) at the same time. Is it possible to do the same with the HR20-700 receiver? If so, what are the steps to program the remote controls? Thank you guys!
Sorry but no. With HD dvrs its RF or IR, not both.

·
Icon
804 Posts
EricRobins said:
Is there a hardware reason that both RF and IR cannot be both activated? (This would help significantly w/ the Slingbox.)
That is a major wish for those of us with Slingboxes, Media Closets and In-House video networks. I cannot use my Slingbox and my In-House network at the same time. I have to remember to set it back to IR before I leave if I want to use my Slingbox. Needless to say, I am not using my Slingbox as much anymore.

I too would love simultaneous IR/RF and would like to know if this is a hardware or software limitation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.