DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 622 manual on page 90 says "you can still use the closed caption facility built into your TV if you are using the SD video outputs".
I upgraded from the 921 which did pass the CC to my TV and my TV did a great job of decoding it. My new 622 will not do this even though the manual says it will.
I really need to know if anyone has been able to actually make this work because I have talked to DISH for hours going thru all the options for doing this and the final result is "622 is OK, my TV is bad' which is not true because my TV will decode CC from my DVD, from OTA, and from my 921.
Someone please verify that it will work

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
capstv said:
The 622 manual on page 90 says "you can still use the closed caption facility built into your TV if you are using the SD video outputs".
I upgraded from the 921 which did pass the CC to my TV and my TV did a great job of decoding it. My new 622 will not do this even though the manual says it will.
I really need to know if anyone has been able to actually make this work because I have talked to DISH for hours going thru all the options for doing this and the final result is "622 is OK, my TV is bad' which is not true because my TV will decode CC from my DVD, from OTA, and from my 921.
Someone please verify that it will work
How is the TV hooked up to the 622?

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
I believe (not absolutely sure of this) that the 622 does the CC decoding for all TV1 outputs, not just the HD outputs. If you want your television to do the CC decoding, you need to connect it to TV2.

·
Godfather/Supporter
773 Posts
Mark Lamutt said:
I believe (not absolutely sure of this) that the 622 does the CC decoding for all TV1 outputs, not just the HD outputs. If you want your television to do the CC decoding, you need to connect it to TV2.
That be correct :)

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wilme2 said:
I have my TV hooked up via TV2 Coax, and the CC does not seem to be there. Worked fine with coax out of my 5000...
Which do you want to do the decoding your TV or your 622?
using the 5000 I think your TV was doing the decoding. My 622 will not let me do the decoding with my TV even though the manual says it will.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mark Lamutt said:
Thanks for responding. Yes I have tried it on TV2 with no success. I have tried TV1, TV2, coax, (RF). each with 622 CC on and off, each time confirming that my TV will decode CC OTA.
In my last contact with DISH they said "my TV was bad", now I don"t Know what to do to resolve this.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mark Lamutt said:
wilme2 - did you enable CC on your TV2 television? My TV2 television decodes the CC info on every channel that I've tried.
Thanks Mark. Your statement confirms that your TV2 television itself is doing the decoding not the 622. My TV2 television will decode CC OTA but will not decode CC via TV2 from the 622. DISH CSR's have been no help.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,262 Posts
I tried using the TV's CC on the input connected to the TV via s-video and could not get the TV's CC to work - had to use the 622's CC.

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
A clarification to my comment in this thread, provided by the Dish engineers - the 622 will pass CC information to the TV2 television only if the 622 is in dual user mode. In single user mode, the TV2 signal is derived from TV1, which will only display CC info if CC is enabled on the 622.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.