DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did I miss I something? Is Cloo in the process of being rebranded?

This morning I flipped by Cloo and found myself watching Odd Couple. My first thought was it had to be to early and I flipped to something lie WGN but I double and triple checked and it in fact was Cloo (bug in lower right). I went to check the guide and found shows such as Taxi, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, & Bosom Buddies..

· Hall Of Fame
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dpeters11 said:
It's for the Olympics, a Classics marathon. Tomorrow is a Psych marathon, MacGyver on Monday etc. Sounds like there may be a Get Smart marathon in there as well.
Ok, Thanks!

My only question is how does Odd couple and Laverne and Shirley, etc.. qualify as mystery shows? There is plenty of mystery type shows in the NBC Universal library which qualify as classics and could have been dusted off..

· Hall Of Fame
1,348 Posts
fluffybear said:
My only question is how does Odd couple and Laverne and Shirley, etc.. qualify as mystery shows?
It's a mystery.

Just like the mystery of how this became...or will survive...as being a top tier channel requiring Choice Ultimate or better.

· Hall Of Fame
1,711 Posts
fluffybear said:
Ok, Thanks!

My only question is how does Odd couple and Laverne and Shirley, etc.. qualify as mystery shows? There is plenty of mystery type shows in the NBC Universal library which qualify as classics and could have been dusted off..
Yeah, they could dig up the Mrs. Columbo series from 1979 that starred Kate Mulgrew as the old guy's murder-solving wife!

Kate went on to star in Star Trek Voyager as Captain Kathryn Janeway.

· Premium Member
11,519 Posts
fluffybear said:
Ok, Thanks!

Maybe they should rename it Clooless. ;)

· Hall Of Fame
2,826 Posts
I think we are going to see more "odd" schedules in the next 2 weeks..... The Olympics are rather popular, and I know my DVR will work overtime, and the TV I watch over the next 2 weeks will probably be 95% NBC owned networks. :D

Other networks probably feel they can't compete well enough with their new/original series, so they plan for a bunch of repeats, and pick up their season again after.

Among the 5% I will watch: Warehouse 13 on SyFy, just started up again last Monday!

· Hall Of Fame
6,220 Posts
fluffybear said:
did I miss I something? Is Cloo in the process of being rebranded?

This morning I flipped by Cloo and found myself watching Odd Couple. My first thought was it had to be to early and I flipped to something lie WGN but I double and triple checked and it in fact was Cloo (bug in lower right). I went to check the guide and found shows such as Taxi, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, & Bosom Buddies..
Hopefully! It's a dumb name.

· Hall Of Fame
2,294 Posts
maartena said:
I think we are going to see more "odd" schedules in the next 2 weeks..... The Olympics are rather popular, and I know my DVR will work overtime, and the TV I watch over the next 2 weeks will probably be 95% NBC owned networks. :D

Other networks probably feel they can't compete well enough with their new/original series, so they plan for a bunch of repeats, and pick up their season again after.

Among the 5% I will watch: Warehouse 13 on SyFy, just started up again last Monday!
I hope you had better luck then I did last Monday, just as the clock approached the hour and I was getting ready to watch the season premier or Warehouse 13, Blam the power went out. Once power came back on I was able to set a timer for a showing later on. And it took out the new episode of the Closer too.

Frustrating to say the least.

As for NBC I've got some timers set. Since that most popular of all sports, Curling, won't be on..............

I jest of course. But there isn't enough time in the day to watch everything so I'm being a bit selective. If things had gone as planned like I was hoping for then I'd have had plenty of time for the Olympics.

Can't win them all I guess. Oh wait I Can't win any of them.

Enjoy the Olympics
TB

· Hall Of Fame
3,585 Posts
They changed from Slueth to Cloo because they couldn't trademark Slueth. Just like SciFi changed to SyFy because they couldn't trademark SciFi.

As far as it changing packages I'm guessing the channel costs too much for the ratings they get so DirecTV moved it into a higher package so they could get a better return on their money. Less people with the channel means they pay Comcast/NBCUniversal less money, and being in the Choice Ultimate package gets them more money from subscribers so they can take that extra package money to help pay for it. I personally think the Choice Ultimate package is a joke though and they should get rid of it. It only gives you a couple extra channels other than the Encore channels, and if you already subscribe to Starz you already get those channels. Like for me, I subscribe to Choice Extra Classic, Cinemax, HBO, Showtime, and Starz. For me switching to the Choice Ultimate package would cost me $5/month extra and only get me a couple more channels (I'm ignoring the music channels because to me they are worthless). I'd be better off switching to the Premier package, but then I'm paying for the sportspak that I don't really care about.

· Chancellor
8,483 Posts
"maartena" said:

"Warehouse 13" would be among the 95% or greater as well as it is on Syfy... an NBC owned network. ;)

~Alan

· Hall Of Fame
1,711 Posts
celticpride said:
Yeah i saw the commercial the other day about some marathons. BTW does directv carry this channel in HD? i am currently with verizon fios and they only carry this channel in SD. I like watching cloo and wish i had it in HD.
NBC had originally planned to offer HD versions of Cloo (aka Sleuth) and Chiller about two years ago, however, they put this plan on hold and have not indicated if/when they will ever be offered in HD.

· Hall Of Fame
6,220 Posts
mreposter said:
NBC had originally planned to offer HD versions of Cloo (aka Sleuth) and Chiller about two years ago, however, they put this plan on hold and have not indicated if/when they will ever be offered in HD.
I'd watch if both channels if they were in HD.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.