DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Icon
715 Posts
Wow! 50 looks in 2 hours for this question. That's pretty good. I basically hang out in the sports forum at the other site. The other forums are way too heavily moderated. Last night, I troll around the other forums and I read the posts in the admin forum. It seems there was some type of an argument between some posters this past week and one of the mods made reference to it in the general forum. If yadda yadda happens then the site will be closed down. Why not close it down? It's way too heavily moderated anyway. Certain mods get upset if they are contradicted by a poster, some posters don't like people "doing" "monthly updates" if the original person can't do it each month and just stupid childish stuff. Maybe the mods decided to close up shop? The site certainly won't be missed by those that are tired of the childish stuff mostly caused by the moderators.

G

·
Mike, you are perfect proof, you cant please everyone all of the time. We still have alot of loyal followers, just as this great place does. One less poster, wont bring the site to its knees. Jeff M

·
AllStar
51 Posts
Why do the Moderators from "the other site" refuse to register here. It's as if this site were beneath them?

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
Hi Peter, Welcome to DBSTalk.......Welcome to the DARKSIDE.....j/k... ;)

John Hodgson stops buy and visits us. :)

·
Hall Of Fame
1,332 Posts
There's quite a few mods from the other place who are registered here. :)

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
LOL......:lol: Thats right Tony, John has that wild looking golf cart, or is it a 4 wheeler......Thats funny I almost forgot.

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
I hope DBSforums does not close down. I for one feel that while things do sometimes get out of hand there they are a good place to visit.

Both John and Dan are good folks, if there is anything I can do to help get them back online they have my phone number.

Having only one forum (while we would love all the new members) would not be a good thing for the hobby I hope they are back online soon.

·
Banned
3,068 Posts
I will go have a look, have been too busy to stop by there. Interesting that when I left their problems continued. With their efforts to ban me I thought all there problems were caused by me.

I havent posted there in any form since the banning.... Whatever their problems I have NOTHING to do with it.

·
Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
I too hope that DBS Forusm is back soon. Yes they occasionally blame problems on an individual or the use of "handles" but there is solid info there and for that reason alone I hope it returns soon.

As for those other things well maybe recent developments will make it clear to all that civility is indeed important but it is not related to certain factors.

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
I have sent John and email trying to find out what was wrong and asked him if he needed help we are here.

No reply as of yet, but if I hear anything before they come back online I will post it here.

Again we hope they come back online soon.

·
AllStar/Supporter
88 Posts
While I agree that DBSForums has some great info, things over there have seem to have been getting just downright ugly lately. Is it me or does it seem that the bashing has gotten worse there since the merger announcement? :shrug:

Anyways, I find this site much more relaxed and a more positve atmosphere to have productive discussions. :)

·
Icon
715 Posts
JRath - Exactly!

John -No! Not the 'DARKSIDE". It's the bright side. The smiley side of the scoreboard. Think positive!

Scott - Having one forum (for now anyway) is not that bad of a thing if it's done right. So far this is done right, IMO.

If some of the moderators (former moderators - whatever they are now on the other site) from the other forum post here then that could lead to some serious ramifications if they act the same way over here. They will have to be watched closely with their views and so forth, IMO. :) Some people left that site/don't visit certain areas for reasons. The same thing could happen here too.

G

·
At first I thought it was a techinal issue.
Now I think it might be personal.
I hate to say it......But I hope so!
It really sucks when a couple of assholes f*ck everything up for everybody!
I hate wading through a bunch of bullsh*t just to find out a post has taken a wrong turn and gone nowhere.
I hope this is just a temporary thing. Next time for real!!
I've crossed the line a couple of times at DBSForums and I was asked not to do it again. I respect that and try to oblige.
Don't piss in my house and I won't piss in yours.
Sign me...STXJim

[Admin Note- Edited for language]
-Steve

G

·
PS............
Did my language bother you????
I hope not.
I try not to use it in the 'other forum'.
Why?
Because it's in the Code of Conduct.
That's not too much to ask. Is it?
Respect your brother.

G

·
While I agree that DBSForums has some great info, things over there have seem to have been getting just downright ugly lately.
Truth be told, there really wasn't much of any flaming over there until the merger announcement. Since then, a core group of E* hating D* subscribers have been vehemently bashing Dish Network and especially demonizing Charlie Ergen every single chance they got. I'd like to say the moderators were handling it but Dan C. would just close threads left and right (which changed nothing) and Jim M. would actually join in on the E* bashing!

If they took it down then, what can I say? It was headed that way since the merger announcement anyway.

-Lyle J.P.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Let's not get into the bashing mode ourselves here. Until we find differently, DBSForums is down due to technical issues and nothing more. This board took quite some time to get over the "DBSForums bashing site" image. It never was intended as an US vs THEM board. This is just an alternative. Nothing more. So let's see if we can keep the rhetoric under control. As Scott said, let's hope they get their problems resolved and come back on line soon.

See ya
Tony

1 - 20 of 165 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.