DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Legend
152 Posts
The DVR is what allows me to feel like I'm getting my money's worth. I can watch more of what I like than I would be able to otherwise -- programs that conflict with others I watch and programs that are on when I am not able to be in front of the TV. I also catch some movies in HD that I missed on the big screen and usually have one or two sitting on the DVR for those times I feel like watching a good movie but didn't or don't want to rent one. The Timers make sure I never miss an episode of a favorite program if it switches days and/or times or resumes for the new season. I am watching only the programming and buzzing through all commercials -- I can almost watch 2 programs in the time I would normally spend to watch 1 when the commercials are removed. Because I control exactly what I watch and when I watch it, and my TV time is maximized by skipping commercials, I have time to watch some interesting things on the stations I pay for but might not otherwise watch. While we may do lots of things in the course of a week, in terms of hours spent, TV is still our major source of entertainment and we have many favorite programs that we don't like to miss. We watch between 3 and 4 hours of TV a day and my monthly bill is $115 in round numbers -- following the method suggested above, the $1.28 a day I pay for TV is a good deal!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.