DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Cool Member
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that in the past, when my HR-34 was reset, the Guide Data was purged and needed 1-2 days to completely reload all data. This morning, after I noticed that new HR-34 software was installed last night, it looked like all the guide data was still there. Was this one of the bugs fixed in the latest software release or am I imagining things?

I didn't see anything specific about this in the latest release notes.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
4,992 Posts
"RunnerFL" said:
Yes, the guide data is retained on a single reboot.
I did 1 reboot today and it was gone. Is that because a reboot was done with the download as well?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
9,461 Posts
joshjr said:
I did 1 reboot today and it was gone. Is that because a reboot was done with the download as well?
Well if it the new 0x057C, it wasn't completely fill in and if 0x054C a single reset cleared the data.
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After I posted the original message, I had what I think was an HDMI connectivity issue... which was weird because the tv and the HR34 had been powered on and off at least a couple of times yesterday. After futzing around with powering the tv off and on, and powering the AV receiver and HR34 a couple of times and having no luck, I finally did just ONE RBR. When the HR34 restarted, all the guide data was lost.

Therefore, it appears the lost guide data issue continues with this latest release.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
16,423 Posts
kepper said:
After I posted the original message, I had what I think was an HDMI connectivity issue... which was weird because the tv and the HR34 had been powered on and off at least a couple of times yesterday. After futzing around with powering the tv off and on, and powering the AV receiver and HR34 a couple of times and having no luck, I finally did just ONE RBR. When the HR34 restarted, all the guide data was lost.

Therefore, it appears the lost guide data issue continues with this latest release.
Your "powering the AV receiver and HR34 a couple of times" is what flushed your guide data.
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RunnerFL said:
Your "powering the AV receiver and HR34 a couple of times" is what flushed your guide data.
I thought that turning the HR34 on and off within a couple of minutes using the remote control wouldn't purge the program guide. The AC power was not interrupted.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
16,423 Posts
kepper said:
I thought that turning the HR34 on and off within a couple of minutes using the remote control wouldn't purge the program guide. The AC power was not interrupted.
You said "powering", that means you powered it off right? There is no "on" or "off" for an HR34. It's either in standby or not. The only way to power it off is to unplug it.
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RunnerFL said:
You said "powering", that means you powered it off right? There is no "on" or "off" for an HR34. It's either in standby or not. The only way to power it off is to unplug it.
I apologize for the confusion. I did not interrupt the AC power to the device. I pushed the off button on the remote control. I guess that means it was in standby mode since the front lights went out.

As a non-engineer I used that terminology because on my PC or laptop if I shut it down at the end of the day, it can be still be plugged in and I have always heard that called powered off, same as when I shut off my tv... but I'm sure there's still some power there. The volatile memory is erased even though the unit is plugged into the wall outlet.

My fault for not being more descriptive.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
16,178 Posts
The difference with a DVR, it's still completely functional when "off". The outputs are turned off, but it still records, can serve recordings etc.

Some do literally turn their DVRs off by turning off a power strip or similar method.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top