DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only played with it for a few minutes before work, and I'm not even sure which version I have (F6 or FA), but it is new. Well, scrolling the My Playlist seems faster. The animation moves faster and the pause is less before it starts moving. Also, the guide scroll animation seems a tiny bit faster and the pause seems a bit less too. Maybe it's just me.

·
Godfather
336 Posts
I really think that the HR20 is faster after every update because of the re boot after the update. If you think about it is a computer and computers are faster after re boots.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be, but the guide scroll animation seemed to stay faster after the last update. Plus, I just did a reset on Monday.

I just wish they'd make it an option to get rid of the animation so I don't have to be excited because they sped it up a bit.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jaywdetroit said:
i noticed the whole machine seemed a little more responsive after the update last night. I couldn't decide if I was imagining it. I didn't necessarily notice the animations moving any quicker though.
That could just be the reset if you haven't done one in awhile. Check your My Playlist and the guide and use the page up/down. To me, the pause is slightly less than before and the animation is a little faster to. It was faster with the last update, but it even seems faster to me with this one.

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts
mtnagel said:
I just wish they'd make it an option to get rid of the animation so I don't have to be excited because they sped it up a bit.
They have taken the animations off now when you are in the Guide and you right or left arrow to see a future or previous time!

For everyone wishing they could have the option to not have animated menus, please Take the Wishlist Survey again. That is a wishlist item.- Craig

·
DBSTalk Club Member
1,364 Posts
anyone notice that nbc programming for tommorow is missing from guide?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
jheda said:
anyone notice that nbc programming for tommorow is missing from guide?
It will for a while...
It will take about 4-6 hours since the software update, to see "tomorrows" data. If it is still missing by evening tonight, then you may want to reboot again.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
1,364 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
It will for a while...
It will take about 4-6 hours since the software update, to see "tomorrows" data. If it is still missing by evening tonight, then you may want to reboot again.
i may have to leave the wife and marry you :lol: thanks Earl!

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Gmaxx said:
The update had the opposite effect on my guide guys. It now takes 2-3 seconds before my guide will page up or down. Very annoying, as it used to be instantanious.
Wait until all the guide data is loaded, and it completes it's background processes of loading and indexing all the data.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.