DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Legend
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading through the threads of issues it seems that the majority of problems seem to be for people with NFLST and other sports related channels. As I am not getting any problems I am wondering if that is significant?

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
Andrew_J_M said:
Reading through the threads of issues it seems that the majority of problems seem to be for people with NFLST and other sports related channels. As I am not getting any problems I am wondering if that is significant?
No, I had one of the same issues (freeze during FF of recorded show while other recording was then wrecked during the experience). I see ST people had the same issue, but mine was on ESPNHD and Fox (local MPEG4).

·
Legend
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the-sloth said:
are you jealous of the people that are having problems? lol.

if you aren't having any problems.... then what's the problem?
I'm jealous.:D

Just trying to get some idea of what is happening.

It may be the way sports fans watch TV - I never watch live which may be another reason I don't have a problem.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Andrew_J_M said:
I'm jealous.:D

Just trying to get some idea of what is happening.

It may be the way sports fans watch TV - I never watch live which may be another reason I don't have a problem.
The NFL ST bug is a VERY specific bug with an obvious cause. The other issues people are having are totally different, a bunch of which appear to relate to MPEG-4/HD Locals (but not exclusively).

I've had very few and very minor bugs in the 4 weeks I've had the HR20 (no MPEG-4/HD Locals), not counting the NFL Sunday Ticket recording bug, which EVERYONE, without exception has. It will be an easy fix.

·
Legend
127 Posts
I noticed that as well. I am not a sports fan and the only deleted shows that I have encountered were ones where I lost signal due to rain fade or that pesky tree that blocks my dish when the wind blows from a certain direction.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
paulman182 said:
What is the NFL ST bug? I don't think I have it.
If you record a ST game and the channel "goes dark" before the recording is completed (or maybe even after completion), the recording is deleted.

When the channel is no longer active for content in the guide, for some reason the HR20 decides to delete the recording. It's highly predictable on NFL ST, but may happen to other sports related programming (premium).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.