DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out that when I set one remote to use RF, then I can't set another remote to do the same since the receiver is not responding to any more IR commands? :mad:
First thing came to mind was what if I lost this RF remote or my kids would misplace it somewhere in the houset, then I'm hosed!! I liked RF, but don't want to rely on just 1 remote. I have 2 spare H10 RF capable remotes, and don't want to buy another. D* remote does sufficient job with my setup. Any suggestions?

·
Banned
614 Posts
dkd said:
I found out that when I set one remote to use RF, then I can't set another remote to do the same since the receiver is not responding to any more IR commands? :mad:
First thing came to mind was what if I lost this RF remote or my kids would misplace it somewhere in the houset, then I'm hosed!! I liked RF, but don't want to rely on just 1 remote. I have 2 spare H10 RF capable remotes, and don't want to buy another. D* remote does sufficient job with my setup. Any suggestions?
Lets not overdue it. Buy another remote and your in business.:eek2:

Maybe you should sign up for welfare tv instead, Mr.

You don't expect DirecTV to just give you another one do you? Damn all the cheap sob's from this chat are going to bankrupt DirecTV.

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
great, another remote is what I need.
I already have 2 HR20 (one more is coming) and 3 H10 remotes in the house. They are all RF capable. Why do I need another one? I don't think you understand my question so stop talking trash.

·
Banned
614 Posts
dkd said:
great, another remote is what I need.
I already have 2 HR20 (one more is coming) and 3 H10 remotes in the house. They are all RF capable. Why do I need another one? I don't think you understand my question so stop talking trash.
Hey your too stupid and it's a waste of time to explain jerk.:lol:

Who gives a damn if you have 1000 HR20's... MR. Bragger.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
dkd said:
Yes you can.

When you set your RF up, you where presented with a code.
Write that code down (it is actually part of your RID).

You can then enter that code into any number for RC24/RC32RF remotes that you purchase.
The code is unique to the HR20... not the remote.

·
Godfather
394 Posts
cybrsurfer said:

This forum is meant to be a help to people. Please do not bash each other on this forum. "take it outside" and PM each other if you wish.

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
Yes you can.

When you set your RF up, you where presented with a code.
Write that code down (it is actually part of your RID).

You can then enter that code into any number for RC24/RC32RF remotes that you purchase.
The code is unique to the HR20... not the remote.
Thanks, Earl. I didn't realize the code is unique to the HR20, and I didn't save it the first time. Got the back up working now.

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cybrsurfer said:

You're the idiot, you dumb s**t. I said "back up" remote. Why on earth do I want to buy a new remote and only to use it as back up?? Think about it!!!! People like you degrade the great values and resource this forum provides.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
dkd said:
You're the idiot, you dumb s**t. I said "back up" remote. Why on earth do I want to buy a new remote and only to use it as back up?? Think about it!!!! People like you degrade the great values and resource this forum provides.
Again guys, there is no need to post stuff like this in threads. If you want to be helpful, great. If you want to make snippy remarks that help no one, try to refrain from it. If you want to start arguing, try to do it in PM. We have had a huge influx of new users, myself included (I've only been here since August), so we're gonna be dealing with a lot of repeat questions and other things that might irritate some of the regulars here. If you have nothing valuable to add to a thread, just don't post.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Wow...

What the heck is going on tonight? Is there a full moon or something?
Or is everyone just upset that the baseball game was cancelled.

Seriously now..... I don't think there was any ill-will intended by cyber...

Typed words in the forums, lose the suttle "meanings".. that we think are funny or cute in our heads.... they don't translate well to text...

·
Banned
614 Posts
;)

·
Banned
686 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Wow...

What the heck is going on tonight? Is there a full moon or something?
Or is everyone just upset that the baseball game was cancelled.

Seriously now..... I don't think there was any ill-will intended by cyber...

Typed words in the forums, lose the suttle "meanings".. that we think are funny or cute in our heads.... they don't translate well to text...
dude, are you kidding? cyber acted like a total jerk.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
matto said:
dude, are you kidding? cyber acted like a total jerk.
I think we all just need a good nights sleep..
I think we are edgy tonight... we didn't get our HR20 upgrade fix this week... ;)

·
Icon
650 Posts
If you lose the RF remote you can get the hr20 to recognize ir again by using the buttons on the front of the receiver to go to help-remote and then change back to IR.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
mocciat said:
If you lose the RF remote you can get the hr20 to recognize ir again by using the buttons on the front of the receiver to go to help-remote and then change back to IR.
Hope this helps
Good to know, I was unaware of this.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.