DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out that when I set one remote to use RF, then I can't set another remote to do the same since the receiver is not responding to any more IR commands? :mad:
First thing came to mind was what if I lost this RF remote or my kids would misplace it somewhere in the houset, then I'm hosed!! I liked RF, but don't want to rely on just 1 remote. I have 2 spare H10 RF capable remotes, and don't want to buy another. D* remote does sufficient job with my setup. Any suggestions?

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
great, another remote is what I need.
I already have 2 HR20 (one more is coming) and 3 H10 remotes in the house. They are all RF capable. Why do I need another one? I don't think you understand my question so stop talking trash.

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
Yes you can.

When you set your RF up, you where presented with a code.
Write that code down (it is actually part of your RID).

You can then enter that code into any number for RC24/RC32RF remotes that you purchase.
The code is unique to the HR20... not the remote.
Thanks, Earl. I didn't realize the code is unique to the HR20, and I didn't save it the first time. Got the back up working now.

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cybrsurfer said:
Hey your too stupid and it's a waste of time to explain jerk.:lol:

Who gives a damn if you have 1000 HR20's... MR. Bragger.
You're the idiot, you dumb s**t. I said "back up" remote. Why on earth do I want to buy a new remote and only to use it as back up?? Think about it!!!! People like you degrade the great values and resource this forum provides.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.