DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Legend
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now along with my intermitent TBA Guide issue and dvr intermitent sluggishness issue ( you can find my other threads here on these 2 issues ), on Thursday 07/03 I had the dvr set to record 4 shows. Two of them, on FOX and NBC were Partial recordings, and 2 of them, on MTV and NBC failed to record. The failed recordings remained in the To Do List showing yesterday, but of course we know the To Do list can only have upcoming shows so when I reset the dvr these disappeared, and the 2 partials had a software key code error message under History as Directv tech support explained to me. The tech also admitted that it can be another few years before all of the Directv HD DVR kinks are worked out. I am glad that they finally admitted and owned up to it. Just like Microsoft took 5-6 years to go from Windows 95 to a more stable Win XP, it may take Directv the same time.
I updated the dvr to 0x250 CE yesterday in the early morning of course so we can see how this software behaves for me.
Although all of my issues seem software related, do you think with the numerity of them, the lock ups, TBA in my guide, and now failed and partial recordings after a factory default of my dvr last week, it may be time for a new dvr or do you think it would be a waste of time?
Should I give 0x250 a chance or maybe that doesn't matter if a new dvr won't make any difference? At this point, my old VHS VCR is more reliable than this. It's too bad that I had such an unpleasant experience with DISH and that Cable is too expensive and doesn't offer much in HD. I feel like I am damned if I do and damned if I don't!! I wonder if you can relate?! Your opinions and suggestions are much appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you guys soon and thanks for all of your input.

· Hall Of Fame
1,945 Posts
The dirty but not-so-little secret is that these issues are ubiquitous and D* is scrambling to deal with em in new firmware updates. Next one one due in the next couple of weeks. Who needs Vista when you got D*?

· Legend
206 Posts
I have 0x235 since 6/17. It's a piece of garbage and has ruined my DVR. I'm constantly getting recordings that either didn't record at all or are partial recordings. I now also have a big issue with my prioritizer. All of the numbering is screwed up. For instance, I now have no less than 5 shows that are ALL numbered as #1. I had none of these issues prior to receiving 0X235. Thanks DirecTV for sending me this piece of [email protected]#t software. Your just like Microsoft. Sending out software that isn't yet ready for the masses. Why don't you do some testing for once before you send us this [email protected]#t again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.