DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Armchair Referee
529 Posts
According to DSLReports, There is word that AT&T U-Verse is planning to drop AMC.

I thought D* had a recent renewal with AMC though I am uncertain of the length of the term.

· Hall Of Fame
16,178 Posts
"espnjason" said:
According to DSLReports, There is word that AT&T U-Verse is planning to drop AMC.

I thought D* had a recent renewal with AMC though I am uncertain of the length of the term.
You would think that adding AMC HD last Fall would have been with a new contract. I would think those would generally be multi year.

· Godfather
504 Posts
mike1977 said:
Is it true that AMC will expire in October on Directv, and be in the same boat as some of us are now with Dish Network?
Based on what I read on the homepage, Dish is replacing AMC, WE, and IFC, with HDnet, HDNet movies (commercial free movies), and Style.

D* already has HDNet, which is going down the tubes and replaced with some other channel. D* already has style (not my cup of tea), and has HDNet movies which is on the extra HD pack which we have to pay for.

· Hall Of Fame
2,044 Posts
n3vino said:
Based on what I read on the homepage, Dish is replacing AMC, WE, and IFC, with HDnet, HDNet movies (commercial free movies), and Style.

D* already has HDNet, which is going down the tubes and replaced with some other channel. D* already has style (not my cup of tea), and has HDNet movies which is on the extra HD pack which we have to pay for.
You can get it for free.

3 months free every time you sign up for the extra pack. ;)

· Godfather
504 Posts
DodgerKing said:
You can get it for free.

3 months free every time you sign up for the extra pack. ;)
That's true. I've had it free twice. I guess the question is, what would D* replace AMC with? Not that I watch AMC, or IFC. My wife watches WE.

· Legend
190 Posts
I would think that with DISH and AT&T dropping them, DirecTV would be in a good position when it comes to negotiations. AMC would be nuts to want go completely off of satellite.

If that were to happen then AMC would try and get cable companies to make up that loss of revenue and you know that ain't going to happen. All it will take is for one or two of the big cable operators to drop it and AMC will come begging to get back on satellite.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.