DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Legend
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my awful experience with MASTEC and numerous escalations, my HR-20 was finally up and running a week ago. At some point during the saga, they had scheduled an appointment for today to come out and install the 5 LNB dish - which was already done last week.

The tech calls this morning telling me he's scheduled to come out to my house to install the 5 LNB dish. I tell him that the dish was already installed last week, so he doesn't have to come out. He could have just have said "thank you" and hung up. Instead, he tells me "Oh... in that case this is a quality check. Can I come out and get the serial numbers from your receivers?" He seemed a little surprised when I told him "No".

Am I crazy in thinking this guy just wanted to come out, get my serial numbers, then bill D* for an install he didn't do?

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
That's probably what he was up to. Mastec seems to have an increasingly muddy relationship with D* and billing issues such as these are probably the reason. I hate those guys and I think D* should probably look elsewhere for their installs.

·
Icon
914 Posts
No, the installer probably wanted to get paid for his installation ticket. with what they get paid, I'd have given him the numbers over the phone or perhaps asked him to swing by with a spare wb68 (which is on his work order) for me.

·
Legend
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AlbertZeroK said:
No, the installer probably wanted to get paid for his installation ticket. with what they get paid, I'd have given him the numbers over the phone or perhaps asked him to swing by with a spare wb68 (which is on his work order) for me.
After the hell these guys have put me through I don't want them to get another dime.

·
Registered
16,423 Posts
Mastec are definitely a bunch of scam artists. They extorted $75 out of me just because they had to install the dish in an "alternate location" from where my 3lnb was. D* gave me the $75 back but not without hearing from me how Mastec is a group of bullies and extortionists.

·
Registered
16,423 Posts
dhammis said:
Yup. I'm not impressed after they charged me $105 to run the dual coax to my receivers.
That, like my dish install, was supposed to be included in the install.

This is crazy.

Are you guys letting D* know that Mastec ripped you off?

The Mastec installers who put my dish in, on a pole just banged into the ground with a hammer, threatened to "rip it out of the ground and take it with" when I refused to make out a check to "cash".

·
Cool Member
29 Posts
I called them and they justified it by saying that because I ran it through the wall it required a charge because that was a "non-standard" installation.

RunnerFL said:
That, like my dish install, was supposed to be included in the install.

This is crazy.

Are you guys letting D* know that Mastec ripped you off?

The Mastec installers who put my dish in, on a pole just banged into the ground with a hammer, threatened to "rip it out of the ground and take it with" when I refused to make out a check to "cash".

·
Registered
16,423 Posts
dhammis said:
I called them and they justified it by saying that because I ran it through the wall it required a charge because that was a "non-standard" installation.
Because it went thru the wall??? You gotta be kidding me, how else were they supposed to get the wire to the inside from the outside without going thru a wall??

My installs go thru walls, they didn't charge me extra for that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.