DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Mentor
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been noticing this VERY regularly. When watching a recorded show with violent scenes such as Hawaii 5-0, at the moment a person is about to be shot or something similar, the screen goes black and come back on when the "deed" is done. These programs are recorded on an R22 with whole house DVR and the behavior happens in any room we watch the program. I have checked the parental controls and they are all green.

What could I be missing here? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,
Tim

· Icon
1,296 Posts
I suppose it's possible that your local broadcaster is blocking scenes, although I've never read of anybody doing this. Anybody else in the Amherst NJ area seeing this?

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
"makaiguy" said:
I suppose it's possible that your local broadcaster is blocking scenes, although I've never read of anybody doing this. Anybody else in the Amherst NJ area seeing this?
Amherst NY.

· Large Member
4,792 Posts
theesir said:
We have been noticing this VERY regularly. When watching a recorded show with violent scenes such as Hawaii 5-0, at the moment a person is about to be shot or something similar, the screen goes black and come back on when the "deed" is done. These programs are recorded on an R22 with whole house DVR and the behavior happens in any room we watch the program. I have checked the parental controls and they are all green.

What could I be missing here? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,
Tim
Does it happen if you record the show on a DVR OTHER THAN the R22? (Since you have MRV I am assuming you have an HR of some sort).

· Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,115 Posts
Scott Kocourek said:
There is zero chance that your receiver is removing questionable content during playback.
But my H25 said last night, "I'm sorry, Dave, but that is inappropriate material. I cannot let you watch it", then switched me to PBS.
Huh.

:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.