DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I've been an NFL Sunday Ticket customer for many years and I'm happily getting HD on 10/24. Now that I'm getting HD, I would like to upgrade to Superfan. Does anyone know if they ever offer a discount for getting it in the middle of a season? It will be week 8 by the time my HR20 is installed.

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Icon
832 Posts
I didn't upgrade my TV to an HDTV until November last year. Means I was more or less 3/4 through the season. They gave SuperFan for the remaining 6 games for free. Of course, when I first called them I was really miffed that I had this honking new HDTV, the SeaHawks were kicking backside, and I couldn't see the games in HD!:crying: At that time I didn't, and really still don't to some extent, understand why I pay a HD charge for my regular service and then an additional HD charge if I want to see NFLST in HD. Vented a bit on the CSR and he gave me the rest of the season for free.

·
Legend
326 Posts
I called customer retention. Didn't threaten to leave, but I've been a long-time customer like you (since 1999). Asked retention if there were any deals for long-time customers on Superfan, and the CSR went ahead and gave me Superfan for free this year. It worked for me, you should probably ask, and you may receive! :)

·
Banned
70 Posts
They are offering it free now if you sign up for Sunday Ticket. It's not real hard to get them to throw it in, but you have to have some leverage, no contract, etc. Why should the new people get the deals? I'd call and ask.

I got mine free because of multiple botched installs on the HR20 (still waiting). You can't use any of the interactive features with the HR10-250. I don't think they work on the R15 either, but not sure.

HD football rocks... now if only CBS could afford some more equipment. My Titans stink this year. The only time they get on in HD is when the NFC and Fox comes to town.

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
Why is it extra in the first place?

·
Icon
642 Posts
dodge boy said:
Why is it extra in the first place?
Can't get HD games without it.

Got mine free last year and $49 this year.

·
Godfather
289 Posts
I got it for $49.00 last season. They had technical issues with the SF package at the beginning of the season and sent a letter indicating I'd get it this year for nothing.

·
Cool Member
26 Posts
kevnallen said:
Hi Everyone,

I've been an NFL Sunday Ticket customer for many years and I'm happily getting HD on 10/24. Now that I'm getting HD, I would like to upgrade to Superfan. Does anyone know if they ever offer a discount for getting it in the middle of a season? It will be week 8 by the time my HR20 is installed.

Thanks,
Kevin
When I realized that my NFLST wasn't going to actually GET me the games I wanted to see, or at least not in HD, I called D* Customer Service. They sold me Superfan (said they couldn't give it to me or discount it) for $99, then gave me $20 per month discount for six months.

My net: $21 profit, and Superfan for free.

I love it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.