DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Godfather
318 Posts
They've also been making a lot of changes in the 290s and early 300s lately. Any word if this is done with and what may be placed in the 297 slot? I heard something about the Anime network.

· DBSTalk Club Member
584 Posts
mreposter said:
Channel changes: the journey is the reward...
:) They still need to group channels together better - CNN is so far away from CNBC and Fox and Weather Channel

· Hall Of Fame
6,035 Posts
YES still have to move in Oct.

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
P Smith said:
Are the 'move' include real chnls move between sats and tpns ?
Not specifically. Those moves happen without announcement or notice. Except when it requires new or different equipment. There is no guarantee that such and such channel is on any given transponder on any given satellite even day by day. The only parameters are general (national SD on 101, MPEG4 HD on 99 and 103, etc.). Channels can move on demand and your system will track them automatically without your knowledge (unless you have a LOS issue on a specific satellite).

· Mentor
74 Posts
Just wondering why they decided to not move TVG to channel 626 even though it is currently being seen on both cahnnels? Also I still hope they are going to leave a vacant channel spot for HRTV if and when they decide to add it. I think DirecTV is trying to leave channel spots open for the all the RSN's that they currently don't have yet i.e. Comcast Sports Northwest (CCNW), Comcast Sports Philadelphia (CSNP), Comcast Sports Sourteast (CSS), Cox Sports TV (CXSN), and any others.

· Hall Of Fame
2,562 Posts
- I assume that someone complained relative to TVG. Don't know why.

- DirecTV could add CSS tonight, if it wanted to. It does not fit into the "landline loophole". It just does not see the complelling programming there to justify it.

- The whole sports channel switch was stupid. Just change all of the channels either the Friday before college football season started or the Monday after baseball ends, which are natural breaks in the sechedule. Why drag this out over 5 months?

- CNN, ESPN, et al, give DirecTV a small discount for the channel slot.

· Godfather
325 Posts
kw2957 said:
They've also been making a lot of changes in the 290s and early 300s lately. Any word if this is done with and what may be placed in the 297 slot? I heard something about the Anime network.
I don't think there has been any kind of official announcement on what will be placed in that slot. Anime Network no longer has a 24/7 channel and is now VOD only. My guess is that it is being saved for an animated or kids channel such as the Funimation channel or Qubo. Although I'm hoping that channel 297 was opened up to carry the Adult Swim channel (which AFAIK currently has no plans of actually existing).

· Hall Of Fame
2,463 Posts
rahlquist said:
Actually I believe I recently saw one of the mods say CNN requested to be where they are at.
Not just requested-it's in their contract (as well as in ESPN's) to be at the chamnnel positins where they are-and with no competing stations surrounding them.

· Hall Of Fame
4,743 Posts
Newshawk said:
Not just requested-it's in their contract (as well as in ESPN's) to be at the chamnnel positins where they are-and with no competing stations surrounding them.
wouldnt NFLN be considered a competing station with espn ? alot of times they both have a football show on at the same time and i switch back n forth.

· Icon
570 Posts
6tv's;1796500 said:
Just wondering why they decided to not move TVG to channel 626 even though it is currently being seen on both cahnnels? Also I still hope they are going to leave a vacant channel spot for HRTV if and when they decide to add it. I think DirecTV is trying to leave channel spots open for the all the RSN's that they currently don't have yet i.e. Comcast Sports Northwest (CCNW), Comcast Sports Philadelphia (CSNP), Comcast Sports Sourteast (CSS), Cox Sports TV (CXSN), and any others.
You'll never see CSNP on either D* or E*.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.