DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

· Super Moderator
54,190 Posts
Can't see why not. It usually makes it's appearance around Thanksgiving.

· Hall Of Fame
1,057 Posts
If memory serves me right, the station tends to be FTA, or at least appears FTA for the first few days before it is available to subs. If not in this weeks uplink, I expect it in the following next two, but it will be soon...

· Legend
109 Posts
It will be on sometimes next week probebly by Wednesday.If you can't wait and you have Xm they are starting next week November 13th Monday.It will be called Holly and it is replacing Upop on channel 29.Their putting the other 5 Christmas Channels on Thanksgiving but their starting this one early.

· Legend
109 Posts
Sirius Christmas music starts Thanksgiving.They will have 2 this year.The traditional and the country.

· Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Just for historical background, here is when the holiday music channel has made its appearance in recent years:

Added 11/20/00
Removed 1/9/01

Added 11/14/01
Removed 1/16/02

Added 11/13/02
Removed 1/15/03

Added 11/19/03
Removed 1/15/04

Added 11/18/04
Removed 1/5/05

Added 11/16/05
Removed 1/4/06

So I would expect it uplinked next week and made available soon afterward.

See ya
Tony

· Legend
109 Posts
I love dishes holiday channel too.It's better then Siriuses.I often listen to this channel when I'm putting up my tree.

· Cool Member
11 Posts
At least the start/stop dates are better than one particular radio station here in Chicago. They start up their Christmas music 24/7 just before Halloween so they can be the "first" ones doing it.

· Legend
109 Posts
briana said:
At least the start/stop dates are better than one particular radio station here in Chicago. They start up their Christmas music 24/7 just before Halloween so they can be the "first" ones doing it.
I live in Georgia and a radio station that is changing fomats went all Christmas October 31st.They wern't the first thou a station in Augusta started October 27th.

· Hall Of Fame
6,220 Posts
sharklover said:
I live in Georgia and a radio station that is changing fomats went all Christmas October 31st.They wern't the first thou a station in Augusta started October 27th.
WLTM in Atlanta has stopped for a while. They're playing lite hits today. I'm listening over the Net.:)

· Super Moderator
54,190 Posts
Yes, the channels on Dish are owned by Muzak (see http://www.muzak.com/ )

Their channels are designed to "create a mood" without interrupting the listeners. Or as they put it:
Music. Some people call it our passion. Others, our obsession. Inspired by the art of Audio Architecture, Muzak gives you more than just music. We create an experience - a powerful, persuasive experience that captures the image, energy and soul of your business. With a broad selection of core music programs designed specifically for business applications, Muzak can create the right experience for your brand.​

This as opposed to Sirius and orther radio services, where people are expected to listen to the content and not just the mood. A "Muzak mood channel" doesn't distract from what is going on at the business like a radio station can.

BTW: Muzak has a complete description of the E* channels as well as their commercial offerings on their website.

· Banned
11,498 Posts
sharklover said:
It will be on sometimes next week probebly by Wednesday.If you can't wait and you have Xm they are starting next week November 13th Monday.It will be called Holly and it is replacing Upop on channel 29.Their putting the other 5 Christmas Channels on Thanksgiving but their starting this one early.
And for those with Digital Cable, Music Choice's Sounds of the Season switched over from Halloween music to Christmas music on 11/1 at 12:01AM EST. I've been listening to Christmas music on my iPod a few times a week now since August. :) Can't wait for Special XMas on XM.

· Legend
109 Posts
I read from another source that Muzak will be tweaking the channels soon.Some of them have new names but Muzak will soon be tweaking them.I hope they don't change 973.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.