DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Icon
Joined
·
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If it is and you request HD DVR can you get a HR10-250 in meantime? I ask cause a friend is thinking of signing up but is wary of gettign a directv plus DVR.


I know BB and D* have different allotments, but my area BB have a bunch on shelves....either production really caught up fast or D* seems to be sandbagging a little.....
 

· Icon
Joined
·
832 Posts
Maybe it's regional or just our closest BB but Saturday they didn't have any units, didn't remember when they last had any, and didn't expect any soon. I'm thinking now that I'll just way until next spring and see what deals come open once the initial rush and secondary rush are over. Gives D* time to also work out bugs, get OTA enabled, etc. :)
 

· Legend
Joined
·
219 Posts
I visited my local BB and had the clerk check wrhse inventory, ( none in store) he showed me the screen and it indicated 55 in stock. I ordered one for home delivery which he stated 3- 5 buss. days. "Should" be by 11-13.?????
 

· Icon
Joined
·
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hdfan01 said:
I visited my local BB and had the clerk check wrhse inventory, ( none in store) he showed me the screen and it indicated 55 in stock. I ordered one for home delivery which he stated 3- 5 buss. days. "Should" be by 11-13.?????
Let me clarify, Is the HR20 still sold out if i order through D* (one response indicates yes)?

And if so and someone orders new service with HD DVR will they get a HR10-250 or be forced to push install until HR20 available.?
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
16 Posts
mikewolf13 said:
Let me clarify, Is the HR20 still sold out if i order through D* (one response indicates yes)?

And if so and someone orders new service with HD DVR will they get a HR10-250 or be forced to push install until HR20 available.?
I was told by DTV that they are no longer offering the HR10-250. I ordered a new system for my mother in law in early October. I was told to pick between the HR10-250 and the HR20. I though to myself "new box, everyone wants it", so I picked the HR20. They called me the day before my install to tell me that there is no more HR20's, they are backordered. I asked if I can get the HR10-250 then and keep my install date. They said no, they would have to cancel the order all together, and besides that they are not even offering the HR10-250 anymore. They said whoever offered that to me was mistaken. They said any HD DVR ordered from now on will be the HR20.

Funny enough, they called me two days later saying HR20's are in now and that I can have an install of Oct 25.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
207 Posts
FYI, they are technically on backorder, but they are quickly becoming available. Tell your friend to get on the priority wait list ASAP. I was put on this list on 10/26/06, and had a call last Friday that my unit was ready for installation.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
207 Posts
About 5 minutes after I made that post, my replacement HR20 arrived via FedEx with my replacement R15. The order was just placed Saturday night, so it's about time I got some good service from D*, after being given the runaround and trying to tell me they had to send a technician out.

Finally got past the stuck blue screen, yay.
 

· New Member
Joined
·
8 Posts
Just called D* today and asked about the status of the HR20. I registered on the priority list 10/29. The CSR told me that it would be probably the end of the year before I would get one, but he did not seem confident one way or another. He did place a note in my records that I inquired about the unit, but I not sure that will do any good. Guess I will just wait unless I can find one at Bbuy or CC.
 

· Icon
Joined
·
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
aphoward said:
FYI, they are technically on backorder, but they are quickly becoming available. Tell your friend to get on the priority wait list ASAP. I was put on this list on 10/26/06, and had a call last Friday that my unit was ready for installation.
You misunderstand. the friend would rather get the HR10....If he could get one instead of the out of stock HR20 he would sign up now, instead he will wait until April when baseball starts.

Our local besy buys had more than 7 each, so no issue getting HR20 if he wanted one.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
188 Posts
mikewolf13 said:
You misunderstand. the friend would rather get the HR10....If he could get one instead of the out of stock HR20 he would sign up now, instead he will wait until April when baseball starts.

Our local besy buys had more than 7 each, so no issue getting HR20 if he wanted one.
Besy Buys must be a regional store. Never heard of it.:p
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
69 Posts
mikewolf13 said:
You misunderstand. the friend would rather get the HR10....If he could get one instead of the out of stock HR20 he would sign up now, instead he will wait until April when baseball starts.

Our local besy buys had more than 7 each, so no issue getting HR20 if he wanted one.
Your friend could probably still buy a new HR10-250 from eBay and it would be an owned unit.

As far as the HR20, it varies by store for availability a Best Buy. I bought mine at a local BB and they had only one about two months ago. Now they say they have none and don't expect any for the rest of this year.
 

· Beware the Attack Basset
Joined
·
26,529 Posts
tommyb said:
Besy Buys must be a regional store. Never heard of it.:p
Best Buy is a national chain. The nearest store to you is in Dubuque.

As for Circuit City, the closest store is in West Madison.

You need to get out more.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
1,199 Posts
Tim Sly said:
Your friend could probably still buy a new HR10-250 from eBay and it would be an owned unit.

As far as the HR20, it varies by store for availability a Best Buy. I bought mine at a local BB and they had only one about two months ago. Now they say they have none and don't expect any for the rest of this year.
You can definitely get a used HR-10 250 on ebay. I bought two R10s cheap (under $100). Or, you can get a new one at weaknees.com, a site for Tivo upgrading, if you want to pay $799 for a new one. And they only sell it to existing DTV customers.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
1,199 Posts
Tim Sly said:
eBay actually has a bunch of brand new HR10-250s on sale. As well as some HR20s.
I bought two of my new HR10-250s from there in the past.
I was looking at them too. But not sure how long they'll work for HD. Do you know when they will officially turn off MPEG3?
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top