DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two new HD-DVRs en route to me from D* for self installation and they are to be part of a DECA/WHDVR setup.

If I am going to need DECA adapters for them I'd just as soon order them now and get everything that I will need to complete the installation at more or less the same time. If I'm more likely to receive a unit with internal DECA I don't want to shell out money I don't need to spend.

I understand the only way to be 100% sure is to just wait and see what I get. I could even end up getting one with internal DECA and one without.

Patience however isn't one of my virtues and I'm inclined to gamble on a best guess based on what othere have been getting.

Who has received new HD-DVRs from the D* pool lately and what models were they?

· Hall Of Fame
10,062 Posts
From what I have read the DECA adapters are free for your receivers if you call DirecTV and just ask for them. I would do that. Getting the receivers and all ready to hook up and not having that part would be aggravating.

· Icon
835 Posts
HarleyD said:
I have two new HD-DVRs en route to me from D* for self installation and they are to be part of a DECA/WHDVR setup.

If I am going to need DECA adapters for them I'd just as soon order them now and get everything that I will need to complete the installation at more or less the same time. If I'm more likely to receive a unit with internal DECA I don't want to shell out money I don't need to spend.

I understand the only way to be 100% sure is to just wait and see what I get. I could even end up getting one with internal DECA and one without.

Patience however isn't one of my virtues and I'm inclined to gamble on a best guess based on what othere have been getting.

Who has received new HD-DVRs from the D* pool lately and what models were they?
I just did a ride along with an HSP and they threw in HR23 with the new style decas.......wow still installing old junk that dont work.....so so slow

· Hall Of Fame
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I ended up getting was an HR21-100 that was defective and had to be replaced. The replacement was an HR21-200.

The second unit was an HR22-100.

I'm satisified. They work as well as my HR20-700. Well, actually I think I'd have been more satisfied with two more HR20-700s because I have had to go out and buy two AM21s for these two new DVRs. Being almost exactly at the geographic midpoint between Tampa and Orlando I can tune in roughly 70 OTA channels and I take advantage of that. I don't even need to roatate my antenna. I point it at Tampa and the Orlano transmitters are directly "behind" me so with Florida being as flat as it is I get strong enough backside reflected signals to tune those in pretty easily as well.

Oh sure some of them are channels I won't watch. Spanish Language channels, religious channels, Spanish Language religious channels. And there are duplicate broadcast network affiliates in each market, which I get off the spot beams to boot.

Nonteheless there are proabably a solid 40+ channels that I could actually find reasons to watch available to me OTA. Between these two markets I have access to all the "retro" syndication networks too. ME-TV, RTV, This TV and Antenna TV.

I understand why D* stopped putting the ATSC tuners in by default but for some of us OTA is too good of a resource to pass up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.