DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DBSTalk Club Member
146 Posts
Was wondering about this also. I have 3 Hr20's, and am thinking about upgrading to the HMC, so I won't need the 3 dvrs any longer (5 tuners will be fine for me). Is there any advantage to turning in the dvrs and moving to a HR34 plus one HD receiver? Is the monthly fee the same for the dvr vs. the receiver? A quick glance at the D* site shows H25 as the latest HD receiver, is this the model they are shipping?

·
Registered
23,065 Posts
Dave_S said:
Is there any advantage to turning in the dvrs and moving to a HR34 plus one HD receiver? Is the monthly fee the same for the dvr vs. the receiver?
One advantage is you can schedule recordings to the HR34 while sitting at the HD receiver (though you can't see the HR34's TO DO LIST from there).

One disadvantage is you won't be able to pause LIVE TV. For that last reason, I prefer keeping a DVR as a client. Just me, tho.

Monthly fee is the same for either.

·
Hall Of Fame
16,344 Posts
"veryoldschool" said:
I've heard rumors that next year, they will be counting eyeballs in the home and charging per pair. !rolling
There will be a run on eyepatches. It's kind of like a blind person (at one point at least) paid less to have a black and white tv in yearly fees than a color one. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.