DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Legend
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finding it difficult to go back and change my series based recordings. I cannot find a single place like the prioritizer where I can go into the show I want to make a change. I end up finding the next showing on the guide and changing the options from there. I'm hoping there is an easier way!?

Thanks!

·
Legend
239 Posts
Kash76 said:
I'm finding it difficult to go back and change my series based recordings. I cannot find a single place like the prioritizer where I can go into the show I want to make a change. I end up finding the next showing on the guide and changing the options from there. I'm hoping there is an easier way!?

Thanks!
The prioritizer is the place to make those changes. As long as the 'season pass' has at least 1 show schedule, highlight that series link, and hit select. Then you will be on a screen that allows you to change the recording options for the series link.

If no shows are scheduled to record the above method does not work.

·
Legend
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was the problem. I was selecting the shows without future episodes.

As always thanks for the help!

·
AllStar
61 Posts
seems kind of silly that you can't edit series links without there being a recording in the guide.

Also, when i set up a series link, how come only the first episode in the episode list has the R? Will they all record?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
asousa said:
seems kind of silly that you can't edit series links without there being a recording in the guide.

Also, when i set up a series link, how come only the first episode in the episode list has the R? Will they all record?
The first episode immediately goes into the todo list.
Then in the next couple hours when the background process runs, the rest of the series is populated accordingly.

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,809 Posts
tiorio said:
I read it as well. I have a series link set up, how do I go back and tell it ton only record first run? Which page in the manual?
Select your show in Prioritizer.
Select Record.
Go to the Series link tab, modify as needed.

Kinda similar to a Tivo where you go into the recording and select options to modify the season pass info, just a different way to get there.

By the way, while in there hit the menu button and you'll have an option to change the default for all series link recordings in which you can choose to have first run setup for all new ones.

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts
tiorio said:
I am so confused by this box. How the heck do I choose between "first run" "first run & repeat" and "all" (using Tivo terms here)???
Not only can you set up First Run , Repeats, or Both for this program, you pad extra time at the beginning or end, etc. Click on this link:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=67933

This is on page 4 of the UNNOFICIAL HR-20 Tips under Record to see how to do it for one show.

To set up defaults that will be used automatically every time you record a new series, follow the steps under Recording Defaults also on page 4.

If you have already set up your Series Link to record, your change your settings through the Prioritizer. Those steps are on the top of page 5.

Check out the this and the other tips to let me know how they work for you.

-Craig

·
Legend
194 Posts
asousa said:
yes, this is true. retarded, as someone else said.

my solution was to (a) reset the entire HR20 and (b) stop using it as a DVR. hopefully this bug will be fixed sometime.

p.s.: if anyone at D* thinks this is a feature and not a bug, they are dumber than the people who think kenny rogers had a clump of dirt on his hand.

p.p.s.: i'm still rooting for the tigers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.