DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Icon
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an H23-600 that is connected via HDMI to a TV in the bedroom. I also have the composite and RCA audio output from this receiver going into a Channel Plus 3025 that then feeds the SD signal via coax to a 17" TV in the kitchen. The setup works well; however, whenever I try to access the guide or change a channel, I get a message on the 17" TV that says "Your TV or cables are not HD!. On the remote control, press and hold down the EXIT key until you see a confirmation that your receiver has been set to standard definition."

I know that the 17" TV is not receiving an HD picture, but I do not care. If I press and hold down the EXIT key, both TVs will be switched to SD. If I ignore the "error" message, it will go away ater 20 seconds, and both TVs are working properly.

Is there any way to supress the message? If not, I also have an H21-100 on a different TV. Would it make any difference if I switched the H23 and H21?

I do not want to pay for another receiver for a 17" TV that is not watched that often, but waiting 20 seconds for the message to go off the screen every time I change the channel is a pain. The run from the bedroom to the kitchen would be about 65 feet, so an HDMI connection to that TV is cost prohibitive. I am trying to get by with the coax that is already in place (home runs from every room to a closet in the basement).

·
1 Posts
I think our only option is to complain to DTV and hope for an option to turn the message off.
I have a very similar setup and the huge grey box is extremely annoying (maybe a single line at the base of the screen?). Anyway, for the occasion that I need to see the guide in SD, I've got BBCA (still SD broadcast) as the center channel for the quick tune list, so a quick up arrow - select and the menu data is available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.