DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
AllStar
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to an installer and he wanted to charge me $80 but is there a way to get one for free from D*? I have 2 EB68 but I would like to have a powered MS.

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
I would think that since you have as many boxes and subscriptions as you have, it would be on D* to provide the proper hardware for your setup. I would call D*.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
For the WB616?

Not usually.. .there have been some cases.

$80 is a really good price though (that is the 16 port Zinwell right? If so, it is normally $150 or better)

·
Godfather
305 Posts
Herdfan said:
$80 is a great deal. I paid more than the $150 Earl mentioned for mine.
I paid over $200 for my WB616

·
Godfather
305 Posts
Blitz68 said:
I got one for free :D
Directv gave you one free ?? If so How ??

Or did they Split 2 6x8 switches ??

·
DBSTalk Club Member
1,135 Posts
For me they installed 2 6x8's which worked out better because I have 8 feeds for upstairs
and 8 feeds for downstairs instead of having to run real long cables 16 times.

They also just had to swap out my 5x8's anyway...

·
Godfather
318 Posts
I called a retention rep and explained to her my situation (I needed 15 outputs). Told her i needed the wb616 and she gave me a $100 credit on my bill and a $15 discount for 12 months.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
nhaydon said:
I was talking to an installer and he wanted to charge me $80 but is there a way to get one for free from D*? I have 2 EB68 but I would like to have a powered MS.
EB68??? Is that an Earl Bonovic 68???

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
When I was discussing the number of lines I needed with my installer, he misunderstood me at first and was prepared to install one as part of my free install. I caught his error and explained the situation again and he realized he didn't need to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.