DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mentor
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past week or so it seems like my HD channels from 70 on up I get the "searching for satellite...." message on top of a black screen. My HD locals work great and I've had zero problems with them. The odd thing is that when I get up in the morning my channel 70+ HDs work fine, but when I come home from work I get the dreaded "searching.." message. I've had techs out three times and I'll called several times as well. The most recent time they said that they were sending a senior tech or a supervisor out and if he couldn't fix the problem they were going to replace my unit.

When I check my signal strength it's always 100% or close to it on both tuners. My question is this: Is there some way that I can overide the "searching for ..." message and watch the channel? Hell, I'd even be willing to watch it with the message, but I get the black screen. I'd really like to watch the Chiefs-Broncos game tonight in HD. My guess is that I can't, but I figured that if there was a way to do it someone on theis forum would know how.

·
Legend
107 Posts
mjcatc said:
Over the past week or so it seems like my HD channels from 70 on up I get the "searching for satellite...." message on top of a black screen. My HD locals work great and I've had zero problems with them. The odd thing is that when I get up in the morning my channel 70+ HDs work fine, but when I come home from work I get the dreaded "searching.." message. I've had techs out three times and I'll called several times as well. The most recent time they said that they were sending a senior tech or a supervisor out and if he couldn't fix the problem they were going to replace my unit.

When I check my signal strength it's always 100% or close to it on both tuners. My question is this: Is there some way that I can overide the "searching for ..." message and watch the channel? Hell, I'd even be willing to watch it with the message, but I get the black screen. I'd really like to watch the Chiefs-Broncos game tonight in HD. My guess is that I can't, but I figured that if there was a way to do it someone on theis forum would know how.
I've been having the exact same problem. I unplugged the HR20, let it sit 10 minutes and plugged it back in. That has fixed the problem for now. You might give it a try shortly before the game if you are having the problem.

Good luck

·
Legend
144 Posts
jovac said:
I've been having the exact same problem. I unplugged the HR20, let it sit 10 minutes and plugged it back in. That has fixed the problem for now. You might give it a try shortly before the game if you are having the problem.

Good luck
I'm willing to try this too, but can anyone tell me WHY this should work? Why does unplugging it stop it for searching for a signal (which it says whether I have both signals perfectly or not)? And more importantly, WHEN can we expect this to stop altogether??
:nono2:

·
Mentor
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unplugged for 15 minutes and plugged back in. No dice. I get the same messages and also the HD channel that previously had the game listed now says "programming not available". I guess that I'll watch it in SD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.