DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Mentor
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past week or so it seems like my HD channels from 70 on up I get the "searching for satellite...." message on top of a black screen. My HD locals work great and I've had zero problems with them. The odd thing is that when I get up in the morning my channel 70+ HDs work fine, but when I come home from work I get the dreaded "searching.." message. I've had techs out three times and I'll called several times as well. The most recent time they said that they were sending a senior tech or a supervisor out and if he couldn't fix the problem they were going to replace my unit.

When I check my signal strength it's always 100% or close to it on both tuners. My question is this: Is there some way that I can overide the "searching for ..." message and watch the channel? Hell, I'd even be willing to watch it with the message, but I get the black screen. I'd really like to watch the Chiefs-Broncos game tonight in HD. My guess is that I can't, but I figured that if there was a way to do it someone on theis forum would know how.

· Mentor
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unplugged for 15 minutes and plugged back in. No dice. I get the same messages and also the HD channel that previously had the game listed now says "programming not available". I guess that I'll watch it in SD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.