DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Godfather
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the short version. My first two boxes were crap. The third box has been working great for the last two weeks. Not a single lockup until today. Here's what I was doing when it locked up and maybe someone can tell me if I had anything to do with causing the lockup or if other people have also had this lockup under the same circumstances.

I was recording a show on VH1 and at the same time that the show was recording, I was in my guide with Showtime HD showing in the upper right hand corner. The guide locked up but the program in the upper right continued to play, I could also exit out of the guide and have the program playing on full screen, but it wouldn't allow me to change the channel. I waited until the program on VH1 was done recording and did a red button reset to unlock the system. I checked the recording and it was recorded in full.

I'm praying to God that this isn't the beginning of something after having two weeks of lockup free viewing. I'm also hoping the software I just recieved this morning hasn't triggered something. I'll watch more t.v. later to monitor this. I'm hoping it's a one time type thing. Any feedback would be appreciated. thx.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it becomes a reoccurring problem. I've had a few instances where I brought my HR20 to "near-lockup"; I just let it sit for about 1 or 2 minutes so that it could recover on its own.

·
Godfather
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PoitNarf said:
I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it becomes a reoccurring problem. I've had a few instances where I brought my HR20 to "near-lockup"; I just let it sit for about 1 or 2 minutes so that it could recover on its own.
I'm just having really good luck with this 3rd box and I'm hoping this is just a one time glitch. It's very possible that I was flicking in and out of different things and triggered the lockup. This machine does seem a little on the sensitive side when you start surfing through the guide or if you happen to double click something. Maybe since it was in record mode while I was doing guide surfing, the DVR just got confused becuase it already had one thing going and this set it off. I could honesty deal with a little glitch every two weeks or so compared to what I went through the last month with the first two boxes. I just don't want to deal with the nightly pattern of it. Thx.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,020 Posts
I take it you have 0xef version of the software correct?

I had no lockups on my hr20 ever and have had 5 now in 4 days since recieving the 0xef software update and the lockups were the same as your where the video continued to play but I was unable to change channels or do anything else.

I so wish I could go back to the oxe3 version of the software for it caused me no issues. Hopefully oxf6 will fix whatever oxef broke.

·
Godfather
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mavrick said:
I take it you have 0xef version of the software correct?

I had no lockups on my hr20 ever and have had 5 now in 4 days since recieving the 0xef software update and the lockups were the same as your where the video continued to play but I was unable to change channels or do anything else.

I so wish I could go back to the oxe3 version of the software for it caused me no issues. Hopefully oxf6 will fix whatever oxef broke.
No, I have the OXF6 upgrade as of this morning. I'm on the West Coast. Like I said, it's my first lockup with this 3rd replacement box. I'm hoping I have a good box this time. I'll keep an eye it and see how things go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.