DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have the HR20s always been able to do this…….

I can disconnect one of the satellite inputs from my HR20 and it automatically switches to one tuner operation (sort of) with out rebooting. After disconnecting one input, if it causes a searching for signal situation, switching channels tunes the next channel on the other tuner as expected, but then future channel changes keep using the one tuner that still has a hookup to input. The HR20 doesn’t ever try to use the disconnected tuner unless you start a recording on the working tuner and switch channels to force the use of the other tuner.

·
Icon
762 Posts
It is supposed to automatically detect that only one tuner is active. However one of my units (HR20-100) works this way and my HR20-700 does not. The 700 needs the B-band connected and it needed to be rebooted several times before it didnt recognize the second tuner.

·
Registered
14,514 Posts
I believe some improvements have been made "behind the scenes" with signal detection ...

I had a new HR21-100 installed this week, and where the tech set it up it was connected with two BBCs to the WB68. I decided later that I wanted to shift receivers around in my home, so I moved the HR21 upstairs and connected it via SWM. I did NOT have to go through satellite setup the second time to change it from two line connection via BBC to the SWM setup ... when I plugged it in, it did it's own detection and immediately had two tuners available.

The engineers are certainly making things easier for installers and consumers alike ... :up:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.