DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Legend
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like everytime I put on Fox HD (NYC). The sound seems to drop out every minute or so. Is this common or is this a problem with my HDTV? The sound dropouts doesn't seem to happen on SD channels, mainly HD.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
It is more common in HD, because of Dolby Digital.
If it loses too many packets, it drops out.

Where in SD, it can attempt to compensate and continue...

Audio Drop Out in Dolby Digital, are similar to Video pixelizing to a degree.

Now... It happens, but it should happen "too" often.
But it can also be the feed from the network affiliate... So need a little more data on what you where watching and when

·
Legend
109 Posts
WinstonSmith said:
What receiver are you using?
Good question - mine was doing the same on the Mets/Cards blowout last night on my HR20. The SD channel was fine, and changing channels seemed to clear it up on the HD channel.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
So is this a problem with FOX or the units. Us HR10 owners have seen this since the 6.3a upgrade.

·
AllStar
90 Posts
zipbags said:
Seems like everytime I put on Fox HD (NYC). The sound seems to drop out every minute or so. Is this common or is this a problem with my HDTV? The sound dropouts doesn't seem to happen on SD channels, mainly HD.
Well for me it was a bad weekend for sports,on saturday i tried watching the Ohio State game on the H20 and the picture kept locking up..totally un watchable so i had to switch it to the HR10 to watch ota.Samething on Sunday,ABC and Fox both kept locking up.Must be the mpeg 4,its the only thing i can think of.

·
Mentor
43 Posts
Carl said:
Well for me it was a bad weekend for sports,on saturday i tried watching the Ohio State game on the H20 and the picture kept locking up..totally un watchable so i had to switch it to the HR10 to watch ota.Samething on Sunday,ABC and Fox both kept locking up.Must be the mpeg 4,its the only thing i can think of.
This is getting annoying.... I want to watch the baseball playoffs.... Would calling directv help?

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
Will it help in the short term....No. May it help in the long term...Maybe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.