DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· AllStar
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently my setup is as follows:

2 HR21s in one location/ 1 HR20 on a different floor/ 1 T60 (1 line) in different room same floor

I want to move the 2 HR21s and my TV to the opposite side of the room. The four lines from the SAT come into the room and take a right running quite a bit around the length of the room before connecting to the 6x8 which is located where my TV and receivers are currently sitting.

Is it possible to run both HR21s off of 2 cables from the SAT if I have another 6x8?

What I'd like to do is take 2 cables from the SAT and come into the room and take a left instead connecting to a second 6x8 for the 2 HR21s (4 lines from the switch). The HR20 and T60 would stay with the original 6x8 (3 lines from the switch).

I could move everything up to the switch to the other side of the room with no problem (cables and all, I have more than enough) however, I'm trying to avoid running an extra set of cables (4 with barrel connectors) from the original 6x8, doubling back in the direction of the SAT just to get to the other side of the room.

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
NtegrA said:
Is it possible to run both HR21s off of 2 cables from the SAT if I have another 6x8?
Each 6x8 needs four SAT feeds to get all of the channels.
Buying a SWM8 and installing it in place of the WB68, will work for what you're trying to do, as you can split the output to feed several receivers and the T60 can connect to a legacy port.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.