DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Icon
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At times, I will catch a promo for an upcoming show or new series. I know that with the old HR10-250, there would be times when there would be an on-screen prompt asking if you wanted to record this program. At that time, you could press the "thumbs up" button, and you would have this future program in your to do list.
Is this something that would be at all possible in the HR2x machines?
Sometimes the start date of the new program is beyond the range of the guide so it is not possible to just go to the guide and set up a recording. By the time the show gets on the guide, I've forgotten about it.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
It could be possible in the future but the "Tivo Tags" never got wide adoption or achieved much success so I don't know how important it would be to duplicate them.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
We tried using this feature on the HR10 a couple of times but it always defaulted to the East Coast time. If they were to implement something like this, that would be something to look at.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,183 Posts
It was always a pity that this wasn't taken advantage of frequently on the TiVo. I'm actually kind of surprised that it still isn't. At this point in technology, ads on TV for shows without the ability to schedule it seems like the equivelent of an internet ad that would just have the URL shown, which you'd have to manually enter in another browser windw. Click-throughs are so ubiquitous on the web, I'm surprised this doesn't get more focus.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.