DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· AllStar
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I just did another post called "All Recordings Deleted – Is an Update the Reason?"

All the recordings on one HD DVR got wiped out and the other one didn't. It's a good thing I recorded the most important programs on both for backup. The DVR that has the recordings intact is hooked up to a small t.v. The shows I want to watch are best suited to a large t.v. which is in another room. So, if I unplug and swap the two receivers will I risk losing the recorded shows on the other DVR also? I've only been a customer for five weeks so I don't have experience in doing something like that. Thank you.

· Lifetime Achiever
10,464 Posts
I wouldn't consider it "risky"... but you definitely want to make sure to shut them down properly. Do this by hitting Menu>Parental Fav's & Setup>System Setup>Reset>Restart Receiver... When the blue lights on the front panel go off, pull the plug.

Sudden power interruptions can definitely damage your DVR (and hard drives in general). So shutting it down properly is important. It also may be a good idea to invest in a small UPS backup to cover small power blips.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.