DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Godfather
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I didn't get to see some of the live showing of the "WWE Night of Champions PPV" from 8 p.m. to 10:45 p.m. so I was looking forward to the replay of tonight's event at midnight on Channel 123.

At or around 1:15 a.m. EST, I received a blue banner covering the bottom third of the lower right hand corner of the screen telling me:

"Press SELECT on Buy Now to purchase SIGN OFF for $44.95, or select Showing for other show times." Buy Now or Showings were the options.

Why would I want to buy Sign Off (supposed to go off at 4 a.m.) for that amount of money??!! :confused:

Some of you will say I was crazy enough to buy the PPV event (in HD no less) for $49.95, but that's beside the point. :rolleyes:

Anyway, this blue banner is totally taking away from the picture and it forced me to call DirecTv even at 1:20 a.m. I can't even clear the banner -- every time I hit EXIT it just blinks. :mad:

When I got through to someone (and that automated system is horrible and totally useless by the way), they talked about it with a supervisor and I actually got the purchase price of the original event refunded. That was amazing.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Did anyone else call in?

On a side note, WHY is it that when you purchase an event in HD, whether it's a movie for $4.95 or an event for $49.95, that there is no HD replay? Why are we downgraded to Standard for a replay in which we bought the HD original???:confused:

·
Godfather
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While still watching the replay, the banner suddenly disappeared at 2:24 a.m. EST.

Guess they finally figured it out.

Still happy with the credit ... totally surprised that I was able to get the entire event purchase refunded. That doesn't usually happen!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.