DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Legend
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since the Olympics started I have had x771 issues on 2 of my HR20 DVR's. One of each of the -100 and -700 models. When tuning to the 750 to 756 channels they show the x771 message. They have the BBC connected etc and other HD channels come in just fine.

Each one is fed with just one line due to not wanting to run cables all over the place. My 3rd HR20 is fed by 2 lines and has no issue.

Is there any issue that you all know about with only 1 line being fed to the HR20's? That is the only thing that is different from the one that actually works(2 lines) to the 2 that only have 1 line to them.

I have tried rebooting multiple times, changing sat setup, changed BBC's, the 02468 trick to be sure current software is loaded.......................

Any ideas??

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
Have you tried moving one of the DVRs that works into the location of the one that doesn't just to make sure it isn't a problem with the DVR itself?

· Legend
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I tried some more trouble shooting. I have discovered that only certain channels will not come in, the 750-756 channels for Olympics coverage, ESPNNews HD and NFLHD. Have re-setup satellite configs.....

Called into DirecTV to see if they had any insight and all they did was ask me to schedule a service call. While on the phone with the tech I asked about the SWMLine dish and he said there is no such thing. :lol:

· Legend
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally had my service call over the weekend. The issue was that the previous install utilized cascaded WB68 multi switches. The tech diagnosed that one of the multi switches were faulty and replaced it. Tech checked out his work and saw that that did not fix it.

He ended up putting in some splitters from the dish with a run to each multi switch and that worked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.