DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Godfather
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after having my HR20 since it first became available in the SF Bay area, I've never REALLY any problems. Other than the lack of OTA... :(

I just upgraded my 32" KV-32XBR450 to a 34" KD-34XBR960 with HDMI.

Initially, HDMI worked fine. However, just after a few hours of use, it stopped working. Black screen, no apparent response, but it worked just fine via S-video to my ReplayTV 5040. A little frustrated, I remembered reading about the HDMI problems and rebooting with component. So, I merely switched the component cables from my H20 with the HDMI that I had connected to the HR20.

Switched cables, pressed the little red button, and all is well. Oh, I did have to rename my video inputs... :D

So, thanks for the thread and the wealth of information already posted.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
You might have been able to keep/restart your HDMI connection by simply using the res button on the front of the HR20 to cycle through the various resolutions. Some have reported this gets it working again.

Not a permanent fix, but a possible work around until they get the HDMI working properly on your new TV.

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
R8ders2K said:
Well, after having my HR20 since it first became available in the SF Bay area, I've never REALLY any problems. Other than the lack of OTA... :(

I just upgraded my 32" KV-32XBR450 to a 34" KD-34XBR960 with HDMI.

Initially, HDMI worked fine. However, just after a few hours of use, it stopped working. Black screen, no apparent response, but it worked just fine via S-video to my ReplayTV 5040. A little frustrated, I remembered reading about the HDMI problems and rebooting with component. So, I merely switched the component cables from my H20 with the HDMI that I had connected to the HR20.

Switched cables, pressed the little red button, and all is well. Oh, I did have to rename my video inputs... :D

So, thanks for the thread and the wealth of information already posted.
I've never REALLY any problems either.:)

·
Godfather
690 Posts
I've had my HR20 for a little over a month. I have not experienced any problems using HDMI (knock on wood).

·
8 Posts
I just set up my HR20 this weekend and my HDMI won't allow me to view all of the channels. When I switched to component everything was fine. Its kind of baffling:confused: since it (HDMI) worked fine with the H20 and the same tv.

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
mtnagel said:
Your upgrade was for 2" more? Is there something much better about the other tv?
I was thinking the same thing. Upgrade ? to a TV with a display that's only 2 inches larger than the previous one ? Can you even notice that the new TV is any bigger ?

·
Godfather
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, actually... according to the specs, it's 36" tube with a 34" viewing area. And from my perspective, the picture does seem little bigger. Remember, I previously had a 32" with letterbox. So, my 16x9 view is a little bigger.

But, it wasn't just for the extra 2".

I now have:

HDMI
true 16x9
built-in subwoofer
built-in ATSC tuner
iLink (FireWire)

So, for $320, I can't complain. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.