DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
7,657 Posts
I got a few questions.....

Does it have the screensaver like the dishplayer does?
Does it change channels slower than the dishplayer or 501 did?
How far does the guide go? 7 or 9 days? I think 501 is 9 days.
Does the Interactive logo come up to go to a website like the dishplayer does? Maybe it will start doing that later and HOPEFULLY they will make it to where we can shut that feature off.

·
Hall Of Fame
7,657 Posts
I wonder why they did not put the screen saver on the 501, must be because there is no internet surfing capability with that receiver.

Did it used to take longer to surf the channels on the dishplayer but somehow they were able to speed it up some? I hope they can speed it up quicker than 5 minutes.

Can you press down on the channel up button and it go quickly through the channels like the 301 and some legacy receivers can?

·
Hall Of Fame
7,657 Posts
So it may not have been the typical thing that caused the bugs in the dishplayer and 501 before that had happened with the 721 this time for the freezing and rebooting issues, so this sounds like a plus that they were able to fix it so quickly, things are looking up then on this unit if that is the case.

I like the 2 hour buffer but I wish we were giving an option to extend the buffer time but of course one could just press record if they think they will be out of the room for a while.

Nobody mentions anything about these extra ports on the back and what we could do with them ourselves. I am surprised nobody had tried rewriting software for this unit or the 501 or dishplayer to allow it to do more things without waiting for Dish to do so to get more features (such as those on my website), someone that knew how to write software of this kind, and use those ports as well.

Maybe if someone could write some good software that Dish might buy it and that person make some good money off of it. If someone discovered something doing this someone could make some good money off of it that way as well. Even if someone did not do it for the money then that person would get some recognition at least for doing what they did.

·
Hall Of Fame
7,657 Posts
What if you connect the 2nd satellite in port up to a different echostar satellite slot or any of these combinations for the 1st and 2nd ports (port 1 is first satellite connection in and port 2 is second satellite connectin in)?.......119 dish 300 (port 1) - 110 dish 300 (port 2), 119 dish 300 (port 1) - 61.5 dish 300 (port 2), 110 dish 300 (port 1) - 61.5 dish 300 (port 2), 119 & 110 dish 500 (port 1), 61.5 dish 300 (port 2) - 119 & 110 dish 500 (port 1) - 110 dish 300 (port 2), or any other combination you can think of.

What would that do to the receiver or what would the result be? The ones with dish 300 above on one port would have no switch on them but just receive from one slot. If a storm would go over and block one of the slots but not the other what would this do? Would any of this cause lock ups or other problems since this is such a more complex set-up and the receiver could get confused?

I remember how the dishplayer got confused and displayed all channels if the power went out or the signal was lost while on or something like that, will the 721 do that as well?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.