DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
123 Posts
But if you're on a Mac with OS X... you're screwed. RealOne isn't even available for the Mac, so hopefully the videos will be compatible with the old RealPlayer 8 that is still available strictly for Mac OS 9 and below.

·
Legend
123 Posts
Scott... It would be pretty cool if you could shoot videos of the machine spontaneously rebooting, failing to record while you scream at it, or various other features that don't appear to work yet either! ;> I'm looking for the good and the bad... assuming you have a censor button!

·
Legend
123 Posts
Well... Personally I think it just plain sucks that the 721 will not work unless both tuners are plugged in because it means *everyone* who gets a 721 will *have* to get new wires installed just to make Echostar's latest "Box o' Bugs" work.

Here's a question... can the second input be from your cable company? My wife currently subscribes to cable in order to view television where we don't have a satellite installed, but the cable company coax is everywhere if I need it.

·
Legend
123 Posts
Okay... I already have a Quad 500 switch installed, and four receivers set up using each of those outputs, so what options would allow me to set up a 721? Is there some other type of splitting or switch options I could use? Or am I better off just having a second Quad 500 and four new inputs installed to each of the receivers?

·
Legend
123 Posts
John... Unfortunately the installer didn't give me the manual after he installed the Quad... :( Any idea how much money it would be to just set up a couple of the recievers to have 721 capability? If I bought the 721 and they set it up, could they install two recievers?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.