DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
LOL.....:lol:......Charlie The DBS kingpin

DBS kingpin Charlie Ergen - the chairman and CEO of EchoStar Communications Corp. - has attempted to use cable rates as a weapon in his battle with Washington policymakers and regulators.
Now I forgot what I read. :mad:

G

·
What I find interesting is that they talk about price per channel and say that prices went up but cable outfits added channels. Well to me that's an increased cost. I'd love to have a company that could force you to buy more of my products whether you want the extras or not, then claim you didn't get a big price increase because the price increase per unit wasn't as big.

I'd rather look at basic cable tv as the entry level product. I don't care if you added duplicate channels with different names, the price for basic service went up.

G

·
The per channel argument is disingenuous.

How many of these 'new' channels are home shopping or public interest?

How many of these 'new' channels are showing reruns or a subset of content that already exists?

How many of these 'new' channels are showing repurposed content from the networks?

Sure there maybe more channels but are they adding more new and original content?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
I will say in the case of D* that the some of the new channels they added recently have new and original content. Examples are Discovery Civilization, History International, and Discovery Wings. Also, the five new Music Choice channels have new and different proramming.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.