DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come on DirecTV it's been almost a full week since introducing the 0x104, let's give the rest of the US an opportunity to get OTA, and not just a special few.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
As someone who's had zero problems with OTA and honestly didn't need it (LA locals are pretty well represented) I'm with you. It would be great if other markets without sufficient HD coverage could get this helpful (and so far non-harmful) upgrade.

·
Cool Member
21 Posts
Yeah this is worse than not knowing when the OTA update was going to be released. Now that it is released, I WANT IT NOW!!!

·
Icon
550 Posts
lamontcranston said:
As someone who's had zero problems with OTA and honestly didn't need it (LA locals are pretty well represented) I'm with you. It would be great if other markets without sufficient HD coverage could get this helpful (and so far non-harmful) upgrade.
Is it safe to say that you have 0x104?? Out of curiosity, were you have any issues with your HR20 prior to the update, and have any of them been eliminated??

Thanks

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
lguvenoz said:
Is it safe to say that you have 0x104?? Out of curiosity, were you have any issues with your HR20 prior to the update, and have any of them been eliminated??

Thanks
I am running 0x104 with OTA running on it. I have had some issues along the way since the original installation (version 0xCC) -- the rare unwatchable, a missed recording or two, occasional need to reset, but very minor compared to some in this forum. This update didn't make my HR20 more or less stable. I did have to red-button-reset yesterday for the first time since early November, but everything was fine after that.

I've had no problem watching, trick-playing, or recording OTA, sat feeds, or a mixture since getting it set up Friday.

My only consistent issues are slow channel changes (slower then <0xF6) and "Pinky".

·
Godfather
271 Posts
I need HD Clifford the BIG RED DOG !

Plus the Butler Bulldogs are on OTA too!

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,312 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Pinky Lives
interesting pinky observation last night. Was doing 30 second slip and noticed it went pink low and behold the slip "slipped' through all the commercials directly to the show, could never make it do it again but thats the feature I most miss is skip all those damn commercials and gte back to the show

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
spidey said:
interesting pinky observation last night. Was doing 30 second slip and noticed it went pink low and behold the slip "slipped' through all the commercials directly to the show, could never make it do it again but thats the feature I most miss is skip all those damn commercials and gte back to the show
I've had pinky show up on pretty much every icon. I once had a pinky pause and thought about getting a picture of it. My laziness and not desiring to irritate my wife nixed that plan, though.

·
Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,222 Posts
I don't get why the pinky thing is such a big deal to folks. How minor.

But I agree--let's have more OTA testers. ;)

·
Godfather
262 Posts
Pinky is not a big deal, but its just so minor and I would assume easy from a progamming persective, why not fix it.

Its an issue of polish...just makes the product seem unfinished...kind of like buying a new Acura w/ a ding in the door already...

Glad to hear this update is, so far, working well...I will not use OTA (no antennas in my assoc), but look forward to more stability....

Like others, I have been stable for weeks...only one red button reset in past 3-4 weeks...hopefully this update keeps it up.

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
Herdfan said:
I want the Manual "Bug*" fix more than OTA.

* Calling it a bug is misleading. It is not a bug, it flat doesn't work.:(
Tom DeMarco and a few other prominent software theorists recommend that companies stop referring them as "bugs". Too cute. They suggest calling them defects.

Cheers,
Tom

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.