DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
I'm sorry, there is nothing to report this morning.

· Hall Of Fame
6,035 Posts
Yep, that was the date in the official D* Press Release. That one I'd believe. Guess we'll have to wait another week to see what new HD channels they give us.

· Hall Of Fame
1,115 Posts
merchione said:
I cant wait...... it sucks I'm going to be out of town that week...crap
On the bright side, next week they'll probably add only ABCFamily, Planet Green, and the RSNs and we'll have a lot of whining and moaning until the next week when they start adding channels people actually want.

· Hall Of Fame
2,353 Posts
QuickDrop said:
On the bright side, next week they'll probably add only ABCFamily, Planet Green, and the RSNs and we'll have a lot of whining and moaning until the next week when they start adding channels people actually want.
Aside from those listed, the only other channels being added are 2 Showtime channels and 3 or more PPVs.

1 ABC Family
1 Planet Green
2 Showtimes
23 - RSNs
3(+) PPVs

That is all of the promised "30 More", nothing else is 'coming' at this point.
I think everyone is heading for letdown...:(

4 Posts
Rubbernecker said:
I've clearly missed something... its a Wednesday morning with a new satelite up and no one is talking about it? What gives? I clearly missed something.
Maybe I missed something, but the news release (if that was what it is called) clearly stated August 14th, not August 6th. Even this date was fuzzy, since they said that they will START putting up the new channels (to make 130 total).

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
BattleScott said:
Aside from those listed, the only other channels being added are 2 Showtime channels and 3 or more PPVs.

1 ABC Family
1 Planet Green
2 Showtimes
23 - RSNs
3(+) PPVs

I personally doubt that you'll be let down when all is said and done. That is not the full list, just the full list they chose to share.

· Hall Of Fame
2,844 Posts
BattleScott said:

1 ABC Family
1 Planet Green
2 Showtimes
23 - RSNs
3(+) PPVs

thats 23 RSNs total. We already have 11 24x7 RSNs, they are adding 12 more. Its the rest of the FSN channels and the oddballs they own (SportSouth, SunSports)

· Hall Of Fame
1,348 Posts
If you're smart you publish the date as Thursday, but light 'em up on Wednesday and you have 24 hours to squash bugs before your stated go-live date.

They've done similar things in the past.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.