DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone having problems with iTunes v7.7? There are reports on the internet that there are bugs in this version. I downloaded it last night and it just freezes up if you have your iPod connected. It will unfreeze if you unplug the iPod, but if you plug it back in, it will freeze again.

I'm not sure, but you may need this version of iTunes to purchase the new software for the Touch and the original iPhone.

EDIT: You must have iTunes 7.7 or later to buy the software update.

· Registered
4,690 Posts
None here, I have a mini and was doing a ton of work prepping for my iPhone. I was plugging and unplugging it while converting wma files to iTune friendly ones.

· Lifetime Achiever
10,464 Posts
There are definitely some issues with 7.7... The main one I'm seeing right now is the loooonnnnngggg backup times when syncing... I have also had trouble syncing once or twice too... It seems many people are having issues and Apple is aware of them... Hopefully we will see a patch sometime this week!

· Hall Of Fame
1,033 Posts
davemayo said:
Is anyone having problems with iTunes v7.7? There are reports on the internet that there are bugs in this version. I downloaded it last night and it just freezes up if you have your iPod connected. It will unfreeze if you unplug the iPod, but if you plug it back in, it will freeze again.

I'm not sure, but you may need this version of iTunes to purchase the new software for the Touch and the original iPhone.

EDIT: You must have iTunes 7.7 or later to buy the software update.
I noticed the same bug a couple days ago after updating to 7.7. I sync'd up last night and Apple seems to have fixed the problem.

· Banned
11,498 Posts
No problems here with iTunes 7.7 64-bit and my 6th generation 80GB iPod Classic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.