DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
Very interesting read, IMO. Thanks for posting it.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
masterdeals said:
Interesting read. How do you get to this on the H20 or HR20, it looks neat but I can't find it:
Go to any of the interactive channels.
After a few minutes it will prompt you to hit the RED button.

HR20 only, the H20 is not interactive yet.
(R15, D10, D11 will work)

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,490 Posts
Shanks said:
Yes, we launched our new HD DVR a few weeks ago, and it's absolutely fantastic. It is rock-solid.
Huh? He must be smoking some of that Chase R15 weed.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
ITrot said:
So, are all the interactive channels based on the 'active' channel? Are there other channels that are interactive?
Mix channels.
102, 103, 104...

·
Icon
642 Posts
This is all wonderful, but how about concentrating in more national HD content? :nono2:

·
Godfather
439 Posts
the r15 can do that...in fact, I have been a little pissed lately, as I have been watching a recorded show, went to hit pause, and hit the "active" button instead, dammit!!! :mad: :p

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Go to any of the interactive channels.
After a few minutes it will prompt you to hit the RED button.

HR20 only, the H20 is not interactive yet.
(R15, D10, D11 will work)
H20 has been out for almost a year now and still no interactive capability. It'd be nice if it were on now...

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,809 Posts
I like this:

[itvt]: Are you planning to implement the ability to program a DVR remotely?

Shanks: We're still testing that. As with anything that requires software and an infrastructure, it's difficult to give a precise launch date. But we think it should be out there by the end of Q1 next year. I've been testing our mobile version of remote booking and it works pretty well. You'll be able to book a recording to our DVR with your mobile phone.

·
Hall Of Fame
13,447 Posts
I've said all along that the HR20 has a lot of potential that we haven't even seen yet. Next year, the HR20 will not just be better than Tivo, it will completely blow Tivo away. DirecTV wouldn't have had the freedom to do all of this cool stuff on Tivo's platform.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,222 Posts
Jeremy W said:
I've said all along that the HR20 has a lot of potential that we haven't even seen yet. Next year, the HR20 will not just be better than Tivo, it will completely blow Tivo away. DirecTV wouldn't have had the freedom to do all of this cool stuff on Tivo's platform.
If only TiVo had had the freedom to do all their cool stuff on (DirecTV's) TiVo platform. :mad:

·
Hall Of Fame
1,528 Posts
I found this quote funny about the HR20 "It is rock-solid".

It looks like many more stupid self produced shows that hardly anyone watches are coming. I cant wait for The Fizz or Created by You. <joke> They sound like they fit right in with CDUSA and MyWorld geared for children. They seem to forget who pays the bills. I cant wait for the possibly 24 hour 3 day video gaming tournament next year. What a thrill !!!!:(

I am somewhat mad:mad: , being I got 2 in the last year, that it looks like the R-15 will be abandoned and all the new features seem to be for the HR20 only. The only good thing I can see is the R-15 will not have the interactive ad's and $5.99 a month for games. Woopie.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.