DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
13,447 Posts
walters said:
If only TiVo had had the freedom to do all their cool stuff on (DirecTV's) TiVo platform. :mad:
To hell with them. I've heard that the reason we never saw official HMO and MRV on DirecTivos was because Tivo wanted to have another marketing bullet point for their SA units.

The HR10-250 could never have achieved the stuff that is coming to the HR20. It was an underpowered box running some poorly designed software.

·
Hall Of Fame
13,447 Posts
Bobman said:
I am somewhat mad:mad: , being I got 2 in the last year, that it looks like the R-15 will be abandoned and all the new features seem to be for the HR20 only.
I don't think that will be the case. Obviously the HR20 will be able to do more since it is a more capable box, but most of the stuff will be on the R15 (and the D10, D11, and H20) as well.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
"I found this quote funny about the HR20 "It is rock-solid".

It is rock-solid...have you ever dropped it on your foot?
Couldn't resist...actually, mine does work well.

"It looks like many more stupid self produced shows that hardly anyone watches are coming. I cant wait for The Fizz or Created by You. <joke> They sound like they fit right in with CDUSA and MyWorld geared for children. They seem to forget who pays the bills."

I agree, it does not seem to me that any of this is geared toward the highly valued (i.e. big money) customers that D* wants to keep from churning. Time will tell.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.