DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
6,035 Posts
Supposedly at the end of February, but that date has already been changed from 2006.

Geeez.. my area (Harrisburg/Lancaster, PA) was on the list recently, but as of today, it is not included. I wonder what the heck is going on. ;-(

· EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
The ones announced a year ago are at the bottom of http://ekb.dbstalk.com/hdlocal.htm. I don't recall any mention of Harrisburg/Lancaster since then - what is the source?

edit: Woops, assumed I was looking at a Dish thread.

· Hall Of Fame
6,035 Posts
The list is located at Directv.com and look under the package lineup under HD Locals. It had a list near the middle with cities coming in HD. Harrisburg/Lancaster, PA used to be in the list. As of a few days ago, it disappeared off the list. Don't know what this means.

· Charter Gold Club Member
22,099 Posts
Neither D* nor E* carries JAX locals in HD and who knows when either provider will
get around to it. Personally, I didn't want to wait so I got my HD locals from Comcast
cable over a year ago.

Being some 60 miles north of JAX in Brunswick, Georgia, OTA isn't an option for me,
but (Comcast, formerly Adelphia) which, BTW, is doing a pretty good job with HD so
far. They have added several new hi-def channels recently, but Comcast dropped my
HDNets when they took over from Adelphia which displeased me very much.

OTH, Comcast recently added CBS-HD and CW-HD which now gives me six HD locals.

1. WJXX-HD (ABC)
2. WTEV-HD (CBS)
3. WTLV-HD (NBC)
4. WAWS-HD (FOX)
5. WCWJ-HD (CW)
6. WJCT-HD (PBS)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.