DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
228 Posts
Why anyone would be stupid enough to drive 180 miles per hour
around a circle I have never understood. One missed turn, like Priestley, and it could be all over. I always thought he was a big dork and now he proves he's stupid too!! Anyway I hope all goes well with him and he makes a 100% recovery.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
The Infinity series is a feeder series for the IRL, all oval I think. Priestly has always liked racing, I do recall him doing tv work last year on the IRL series. Unfortunately, no matter how famous you are there are always risks when one choses to drive a car at 200 mph. Ask Dale Earnhart, Ayrton Senna, Greg Moore, all much better drivers than Jason.

No doubt Priestly is the most famous driver currently in the Infinity series, possibly ever. I was thinking about this getting alot of media attention. It wasn't due to his greatness as a driver, that's for sure. If I had toasted myself driving the Infinity series there would have been zero coverage.

Wonder if he'll drive again, and if so how far he'll go. I wouldn't be surprised to see some IRL team give him a shot for the media exposure some day.

It's also interesting to note that I've read media reports in Canada they were describing him as being an up and coming driver, making him sound like he was a driver on the rise. Wonder if there is any truth in that or if it was just media hype.

I am very glad he is okay, I hate to see any driver injured.

What are the odds of a Sarah Fisher/Jason Priestley IRL team? That would be a media exposure dream come true.
Sarah Fischer is way overrated, and the only reason she is driving in IRL is because she is a good publicity move.
There are other women drivers better than she is: Marybeth Harrison and Kat Teasdale.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.