DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Fromer Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downloaded Netcrap and the Java (Sun?) that went with it. Since then it took over all Java operations with IE6 and like to know how I can make it quit doing that and go back to the Java that came eith IE6?

·
Damn you woman!
5,205 Posts
Rage, it asks you during the install if you want to make Sun Java the default Java Runtime for Internet Explorer. Its really easy to miss. Same thing happened to me and I have some websites that require MS Virtual Java Machine to access them. AOL/Sun is just as deceitful as Microsoft when it comes to installing programs....

·
Legend
217 Posts
CNet reported today that Microsoft will be bringing back its Java Virtual Machine (based on Sun's Java). The catch is that its going to be included in the huge Windows XP Service Pack 1 (I have heard from some that this pack will be so huge that those with 56K modems will have to order a CD by mail because the download time will be so huge to download SP1). This brings back memories of those Windows NT4 days where the service packs were 30-70MB a piece. I had such a slow modem at the time that I had to order the packs via snail mail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.