DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Old Guys Rule!
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had an ill fated Viewsonic gTablet for about a year. As released, the gTablet used the Froyo operating system, which was designed for Android cell phones. Rather than continue development, Viwsonic withdrew the tablet from the market and discontinued all support, leaving it a virtual orphan. :eek2:
Fortunately a lot of savvy people discovered that the gTablet OS could be hacked and soon came up with modified versions of Gingerbread and Honeycomb.
I'd installed GtabComb (Honeycomb hack) on my gTablet and was not totally satisfied because it was obviously a work in progress that got abandoned by its developer. :(

Fast forward to yesterday. I installed ALPHA DIRTY-BEAN 4.1.X, by Team DRH, on my gTablet, following the very good instructions given on the xda-developers web site by Ray Waldo. Oh, Happy Day! :joy:
I now have an almost bug free adaptation of Jellybean on my gTablet.

·
Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery
3,148 Posts
Jellybean is amazing stuff.

·
1 Posts
Cholly said:
I've had an ill fated Viewsonic gTablet for about a year. As released, the gTablet used the Froyo operating system, which was designed for Android cell phones. Rather than continue development, Viwsonic withdrew the tablet from the market and discontinued all support, leaving it a virtual orphan. :eek2:
Fortunately a lot of savvy people discovered that the gTablet OS could be hacked and soon came up with modified versions of Gingerbread and Honeycomb.
I'd installed GtabComb (Honeycomb hack) on my gTablet and was not totally satisfied because it was obviously a work in progress that got abandoned by its developer. :(

Fast forward to yesterday. I installed ALPHA DIRTY-BEAN 4.1.X, by Team DRH, on my gTablet, following the very good instructions given on the xda-developers web site by Ray Waldo. Oh, Happy Day! :joy:
Jellybean is awesome on galaxy tablet. How many guys out there make use of Jellybean on galaxy tab?

·
1*
10,289 Posts
Cholly;3110746 said:

Nice. I've been looking at picking up an inexpensive Android tablet. This just might be what I've been looking for.

- Merg

·
Legend
315 Posts
AndrewWebster;3207065 said:
Jellybean is awesome on galaxy tablet. How many guys out there make use of Jellybean on galaxy tab?
I have a Galaxy Tab 2 7 inch running jelly bean..yes indead it is awsome.. I still have not fully explored all of its capabilitys...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.