DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone watched it? What you think?

It is starting to grow on me. Knowing how J. Michael Strazynski is from Bablyon 5, I'm assuming that much of what we see will be turned on its head in upcoming episodes. So those who we consider Good may not be so good and those we consider bad may not be so bad. Thinking back to B5 where G'Kar was an outright badguy first season, he is transformed into a true hero by the end. And Londo Mollari was harmless first season, and became both terrifying and terribly sad by the end.

*Spoiler**********************************

I assume that the "Vahalia Sector" which from the past 2 episodes seems to be "the bag guys" may end up in future episodes not to be so bad. And perhaps "The End Of The World" may turn out not to be so good???

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
I've been watching this series and like you have been comparing it to B5's early episodes. It didn't take a leap in logic to understand what the .....
---errr...this is a spoiler alert! Stop reading if you have not seen the 3/29 episode and wish to be somewhat
>
>
>
>
>
>
...what the VS dudes were doing. It seems to me pretty simple. They are cotterizing the virus! Anytime the come in contact with anything that may contain or be a carrier of the virus, they burn it to the ground!

It also may be that the VS boys have gone a little overboard or have a loose cannon at the helm too.

BTW the one pet peeve that I have with this and every show that deals with bio-weapons is the interchageable use of the words "virus" and "bacteria". They are not the same thing. They aren't even close to the same thing. The terms are not interchageable! Treatments are different. Viruses require vaccines taken PRIOR to infection essentially training you body to defend itself. Bactiria require anti-biotics AFTER infection to kill the little buggers. Viruses are incomplete life forms that require a host cell to "live" and multiply. Bacteria are complete cells that divide to multiply.

There...I feel better.

See ya
Tony

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm also glad the past 2 episodes they have addressed some issue of pregnancy.

Since there seems to be alot of consentual and non-consentual sex going on in the show, the 2nd episode I thought "Gee, most of these young women should be pregnant or have a few babies around???" And the past 2 episodes they had women who were pregnant.

The episode last week with that other guy from "Beverly Hills 90Whatever", I can't tell them apart :D That was very much an ARC episode with him talking about the other groups, but especially the hint about the VS trying to make things back like they were in the old days.

But I guess with JMS, not every ARC plotline comes to Fruition, either because the evolution of the story goes off on a tangent, or someone leaves the show. Since it is just two main characters, the story should stay on ARC as long both actors stay.

Has there been any posting about if this is a 5 year Arc, a 1 year Arc, or even an ARC at all???

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
Joe has said that they will be an arc to Jeremiah, but not as stingent as the arc for B5 was, and that it will start kicking in at the end of this season.

Showtime so far is very happy with the ratings of Jeremiah - it is at least keeping the raitings from Stargate, and in most cases beating Stargate's ratings. Good sign that it will continue for a while.

As for the show itself, I am enjoying it, although it is one of the harder things to watch on television at the moment, IMO. Joe has said many times over the last weeks that this is a post apocalyptic show about hope...I haven't seen too much to be hopeful about just yet, but I'm sure it's coming. The 3 eps and the pilot we've seen so far have defined the world and let us see some of what these people face. I'm looking forward to seeing who some of these other groups of people are.

And it's really nice in upconverted HD on Showtime-HD. Nice 16x9 picture and dd5.1 sound. Not quite true HD quality, but very nice to look at nonetheless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts